Application Form - Formatting, the data should be in a new Line

• 27 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello Personio community,

I would like to ask a similar question about the formatting of application form. We're facing a problem with our application form. I've attached a screenshot labeled "image" for reference.

We want the following sections to appear on separate lines:

• Why would you like to join us
  • Link to your portfolio
  • Please provide…

Currently, the first two sections are combined on the same line, which we don't like. Also, the section that starts with "Please provide..." is spread across four lines since it is wrapped, but it could fit on two lines if it was spread through the whole width of the form.

Is it possible please to:

1. Place each section on its own line?
  2. Extend the "Please provide..." section across the full width of the form, similar to how the "please upload your CV" section is displayed?

Thank you very much in advance!

Matus

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Matus Braun,

great that you were looking for existing questions first. I have moved yours from this posting into this standalone question, as this is not about the attribute format, but the layout of the application form. 

Fellow Members or my colleagues in Moderation are happy to help you. :) 

Best,
Lena

Thank you very much, @Lena :)

Just adding the screenshot Im mentioning above, as it probably got lost when moving the post into this standalone question.

Matus

Userlevel 5

Hi @Matus Braun,

I’m afraid we don’t currently have the option to set up the Application form to change the length of the fields or make them as only one line. This is a preset design and it automatically organised the fields in the order you select them but with the preset blockers. However, I can understand your concern here and why this would be useful, and I would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our Ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our Product team.

In order for us to fully understand your idea, I share with you a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area:

• What would you like to achieve with Personio? What issue do you need to solve?

• Why? What would be the added value for you?

• How are you solving it right now?

The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public.

Make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it 💪🏼

Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us 🙌🏽

Best,

Zulema

Your reply