Answered

Employee Referrals

• 2 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi folks, 

I wonder could anyone share how they are tracking employee referrals in the recruitment module? 

If I create a tracking link for a referral it only links to the application page so in order for the person to read the job description they have to click out of the referral link and then that tracking link is possibly lost. 

If the person does apply through the “referral” tracking link how can they share who referred them?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 3 May 2023, 16:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hi @Volvic 

Yes, you can use tracking links for this to show it was an internal referral which will show them the Application form. Unfortunately if they do click back to the overview of all positions this Tracking link is gone so it may be best that they reopen the link they received when they are ready to apply or they can go back to see the relevant information in another tab as seen below:

Right clicking on the ‘See all positions’ option

It may also be best to advise any users sharing the referral link to also share the link to just the job description but then ask them to reply on the given tracking link. 

If you would like them to show who referred them then you can create a new optional part of the Application form in Settings > Recruiting > Attributes then add it in Settings > Recruiting > Career Page > Application form settings. This will be shown on all Application forms but can be made optional so only applicants it applies for should fill it out. I can see there has already been a post made for this in our Ideation section:

👉🏼 Referral field for candidate to enter Employee (Recruitment)

Please check out this link above and upvote the idea to show the increased demand for this functionality in our product. Our product team is able to then review these ideas and potentially include them in future updates to the functionality of the product. 

I hope this helps you with your query and that you have a lovely day! 

All the best, 

Erica 😊

If anyone else has some best practices or ways they are able to implement their own internal referral process on their accounts please comment below! ✨

Your reply