Having trouble re-ordering the Phases in the Recruitment setting

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Community,

I’ve been adding some new Phases to our Recruitment settings in Personio.

Since I’ve done so, however, I can’t appear to drag and drop them into my desired order.

The mouse icon does change to✋🏼(hand) icon for me to grab when I hover over the six dots but I can’t move it - I can’t move any of them.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

OK - Figured it out.

This is simply a list of every Phase type - effectively creating the picklist.

You then select which from this ‘library’ you then want to use for your different recruitment types.

---
Question - how do I change the name or colour of the ‘Predefined’ phases and their timescales?

Provided I don’t change the backend data could it be possible to edit the frontend field name.
e.g. user can change ‘Hired’ to ‘Onboarded’ - just as an example.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hmm…

OK so I’ve edited the order in for the specific category under ‘Category’ into my desired order.

However, when I go back to the user-page for Recruitment and seek to update the Recruiting ‘Phase’ the order is a jumble (a mess)…

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This is what it should look like according to the ‘Settings’ in ‘Recruiting’ > ‘Categories’

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Following that as well - noticing now that the quick view banner is showing only the first X number of characters. This means that a number of our stages are showing the same.

Is there a known character limit to the quick view?
Could the quick view have an abbreviation to the full stage title…to help cover this off.

Screening Interview (one says scheduled aftewards)
Screening Interview (other says completed)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@ConorCunningham - any chance of you taking a look at these two specific issues I’ve pulled down into this post:

1. Order of the Phases in the drop down aren’t following the order created in the system

2. The character limit for the ‘timeline’ is clearly less than that of the field so it’s not showing the full title - which is leading to this situation - can we add a ‘abbreviation’ field that shows in the timeline or make the character limit for the timeline longer (stretch onto three lines, rather than just two).

HAve a great weekend.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @JHBEM

I was working on your questions, as you tagged me 🙂

How do I change the name or colour of the ‘Predefined’ phases and their timescales?

Unfortunately the Predefined phases cannot be edited, because they trigger further processes in Personio. This is outlined in our helpcenter article on how to Configure Recruiting Phases

However, when I go back to the user-page for Recruitment and seek to update the Recruiting ‘Phase’ the order is a jumble (a mess)…

The order of the Recruiting categories needs to be arranged in Settings > Recruiting > Categories. It is within here you can drag and drop according to the Recruiting category assigned to this position. For more information on this, I would advise reading through our helpcenter article on how to Configure and Use Recruiting Categories

The character limit for the ‘timeline’ is clearly less than that of the field so it’s not showing the full title - which is leading to this situation - can we add a ‘abbreviation’ field that shows in the timeline or make the character limit for the timeline longer (stretch onto three lines, rather than just two)

Unfortunately there is no functionality that would allow for an abbreviation field or to lengthen the character limit for this view. My suggestion would be to edit the title and before the ‘Screening Interview’

enter (SISA) Screening Interview Scheduled Afterwards and (SC) Screening Interview Completed. This way it will show within the view and you will be able to differentiate. 

I would kindly ask you to submit this feedback via our Ideation Area, so our Product Team are aware of this limitation. 

If I can be of any further assistance, please let me know.

Have a great weekend also.

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Thanks @ConorCunningham  - we can certainly always improve so I will make an effort to get them into ideation. THink the challenge is we drop so much into that area but it needs some sort of ‘Theme’ I think so that we are all focussing on a particular area to all improve together - rather than each of us just dropping stuff in individually.

If you have an answer to solving this conondrum…

So I have set it up in the Recruiting settings for categories (and the correct category) like so…

But it is showing when I go to then select in the application of the candidate like this…

All a big jumble...

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @JHBEM 

Thank you for this great feedback, I will be sure to pass this on internally for consideration 👌

Apologies on the wait in reply, I had to reach out to the Recruiting team on this, as when I tested this it was not possible from my side but I needed confirmation. The team let me know that it is not currently possible to edit the order of the Phases dropdown list. 

This would be another suggestion to enter into our Ideation Area to highlight this to our Product Team. 

If there is anything else I can help with, please reach out to me again.

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@ConorCunningham 

could you do me a big favour - all the items that have now been picked up as ‘Ideas’ can you also highlight internally - think you’ll agree this last one is really not just an idea it’s a pretty basis expectation that the drop down list would be in the order you setup for the category…

When coding that development you would think that’s sort of basic UX design…

IF you could also create them as IDeas and tag me I can then immediately vote up - I would really appreciate it...

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Dear @JHBEM,

As told I am happy to mention this feedback to our product team responsible for this area of the software, since I have just been in contact with them.

I can totally understand that you’d like the improvement suggestions you shared to be implemented asap and that they might look like something easy to develop. Nevertheless, developing and integrating even what might look as simple improvements in a software requires a lot of capacities and organization from product teams and thus can take some time to develop or might even not be implemented.
We appreciate all of your feedback and are thankful for your understanding.
Please feel free to share your own ideas, you can use the following questions as a guidance:

• What would you like to achieve with Personio? What issue do you need to solve?
  • Why? What would be the added value for you?
  • How are you solving it right now?

We as moderators are here to support you, but we don’t post anything on behalf of users. Let me know if you need any further help from my side.

Thank you for your understanding 😃

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I have created an Idea - please upvote it.

Your reply