Answered

Internal candidates promotion

• 17 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

I need assistance with an issue in Personio related to updating roles for internal candidates. I recently filled a role with an internal candidate who was previously hired as a Sr Backend Engineer and has now transitioned to an Engineering Manager role. When I tried to update his profile and move him to the "hired" stage for the new role, I encountered a challenge. Since he already had an offer for his initial role, Personio won't let me generate a new one for his current role. As a result, the position is showing as "open" rather than "filled".

Could you guide me on how to resolve this so the position correctly displays as "closed"? Is duplicating the candidate's profile the recommended approach or is there a better solution?

Thank you for your help!

Best regards, Maria

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 24 August 2023, 19:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @MariaGamium,

Thank you for your community question!​​​​​​ Once the offer has been created, the New offer button becomes inactive and can no longer be clicked. You can edit existing offers at any time. Should the offer be declined, the button turns active again.
That said, an offer can only be deleted while it is in the status Created. Once its status is Hired it can no longer be deleted.

If you need to amend that offer, what I would suggest is to navigate to his Employee profile>Documents and upload the new offer/contract. Once it's uploaded, you can request the signature of that new document. Below you can find more information about this process:

👉️ Uploading Individual Documents
👉️ Managing Document Templates

Once again thank you for your community question. 

Best,

Sofia

Badge

Hello,

Thank you for your response. However, I believe there might be a misunderstanding, so I'd like to provide further details to clarify the situation.

Initially, Candidate X was brought on board as a Senior Backend Engineer. The hiring process for this position was successfully completed through Personio.

Around a month ago, the Engineering Manager role was posted, and Candidate X expressed interest in this internal opportunity. We assessed his fit for the role and decided to consider him as a potential match. Within Personio, I added his candidate profile to the pipeline for the Engineering Manager position. Progressing through the stages, I managed to advance him to the "Hired" stage.

However, a dilemma has emerged. It seems that I'm unable to officially finalize his hiring for the Engineering Manager role. This stems from the fact that his candidate profile had already been marked as "Hired" when he was originally brought on board as a Senior Backend Engineer. Consequently, there's a discrepancy that prevents me from extending an offer for the Engineering Manager position.

I'm seeking guidance on how to proceed in order to appropriately close the Engineering Manager position within Personio. Presently, the role still appears as "OPEN" due to the unresolved situation with Candidate X. What steps should I take to rectify this and accurately reflect the status of the Engineering Manager role?

Your insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Userlevel 5

Hi @MariaGamium,

You can fill in this position by selecting Filled openings. 

Recruiting > Positions > Relevant position > Details > All openings > Filled openings.

If you need to amend that offer, what I would suggest is to navigate to his Employee profile > Documents and upload the new offer/contract. Once it's uploaded, you can request the signature of that new document. Below you can find more information about this process:

👉️ Uploading Individual Documents
👉️ Managing Document Templates

I hope this helps!

I hope you have a lovely day.

Best,

Sofia

Your reply