Job position metadata not changeable

• 27 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I am working for a SaaS company where the recruiting of software engineering people is a constant focus. The current setup of Personio only gives set occupations and occupation categories, which do not reflect our day-to-day reality and limit our analysis capabilities.

Example: for us it is a big difference if we search for a AWS Cloud Dev Ops vs. a Senior Frontend Developer vs. a Data Engineer. In the current Personio logic all this would run under just one category.

I am wondering if you plan to set up one of the following options:
(1) either edit the occupations / occupation categories

(2) allow for custom fields in the set up process of job positions

(3) allow to tag job positions

FYI: for us it is not really an option to add this kind of information on the application level, since with 2000+ applications it is just not mangeable to add this to every single application, when all of them run under the “umbrella” of a job position which could/should contain this kind of information.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @FriederikeThies,

I will answer your questions as you listed them.

1. If I understand correctly, you mean the job type category that you can select from the dropdown list at the position level, correct?
    If yes, the categories are as they are to match the categories of multiple job portals if you want to use the multi-posting through Personio. So that's where the limitation comes from.
  2. It is already possible to change the layout of your positions and add additional fields, I think, you want that on a position level, right? 
  3. As you say, this is currently only possible on an application level.

I would recommend creating two separate ideas in the Ideation section of the community for your ideas on question 2 and 3. Unfortunately, I can't really offer a workaround for these items at this time.

You can find an article on how to submit an idea here:

If something is still open on your side, or I misunderstood a question, just drop me a comment and I will help you.

I wish you a good start into the new year!
Marc

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

To anyone interested in the topic: I have created the idea and would look forward to (hopefully) upvotes.

Your reply