Answered

Rescheduling interviews

• 1 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, is there a lean way to reschedule interviews? It seems that in case there is a need to reschedule the interview (either form interviewer or candidate’s side) you have to cancel the existing interview and resend the scheduling link to the candidate.

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 15 February 2023, 16:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Dear @Laurajaun , 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry. 

If the candidate is unavailable to pick any of the times given and declines the invitation. You can reschedule the dates, follow the instructions below.

1. Open Personio > Inbox > Tasks > View Interview

2. In the interview panel, the status of the interview is Candidate unavailable.

3. Click the Pencil icon to edit the schedule link

4. Under the Date and time heading, navigate to the Scheduling link section

5. Click the Pencil Icon to edit

6. Navigate to the Date range section

7. Select a wider range of dates for the candidate to choose from

8. Click Create link

9. Click Email candidate

10. Complete the Email invite to candidate form
    Be sure to click Insert scheduling link

11. Click Send email

The applicant will now have a wider range of dates to choose from. For more information on this topic, I am providing you with our helpcenter guide on Smart Interview Scheduling

If you require any further information, I will be happy to help on this.

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 1

Hi Conor, 

Thank you for the answer, however, this doesn’t seem to work. I have a candidate who declined the invite because they weren’t available anymore for the selected time. In the interview the candidate is still shown as “Attending”. If I go to edit the interview, the scheduling link tab is inactive:

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Laurajaun 

If the candidate accepts the invitation in the beginning, then the interview has been scheduled. Unfortunately in this case, you will need to cancel and reschedule as you mentioned before. The scenario I mentioned above is in the case whereby the candidate declined all the times once the scheduling link was sent.

This is mentioned in this part of the previously linked helpcenter article:

‘If the candidate is not available for any of the times, they can select I can't do any of these days from the options in the smart scheduling link. The organizer will then receive a task on their Dashboard to resend a new link to the candidate.’

So it will need to be declined from the beginning and cannot be edited after the candidate has scheduled for a time.

I would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team.In order for us to fully understand your idea, I share with you a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area:

• What would you like to achieve with Personio? What issue do you need to solve?
  • Why? What would be the added value for you?
  • How are you solving it right now?

The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public. Make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it.Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us.

Best,

Conor

Your reply