Answered

Scheduling an interview

• 17 March 2022
  • 5 replies

When scheduling an interview, you can see the interviewers that accepted the interview invite. But for the candidate it only shows ‘Email Sent’ in the ‘Interviews’ tab. Since the calendar invite only includes the interviewers, there is no way to see easily if the candidate accepted it.

Is there a way for the organizer to also be included in the invite that goes out to the candidate, so that at least they can see in their calendar?

icon

Best answer by Marc 6 April 2022, 10:56

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @1xuser,

nice to see your question here in the Community!

We recently released the possibility to invite candidates to interview meetings. With the new functionality, the candidates will receive an invitation file with their email, like your colleagues do. With this, the candidates can easily accept or decline the invite, what you are able to see in the candidate's profile.

Here you can find some information on that: Send Recruiting Messages

You can also take a look at the latest Personio Product Update where I show a demo of the feature.

Have a great day
Marc

Hi @Marc,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, we use the functionality to send the invite to the candidate. But when they accept or decline, it does not show in their candidate profile under ‘Interviews’. It continues displaying “Email sent” as you can see below.

The only place we can see is if we go through the Messages tab and find the email that was sent with the ‘accepted’ message.

Maybe we're doing something wrong?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @1xuser,

I checked this internally.

If a response will be sent back to Personio depends on the email provider/calendar settings of the candidate, if the service allows sending back that information.

So in some cases you won’t be able to see a direct response in Personio as the candidates' provider won’t push that info back. 

I hope that helps to understand why there is nor response visible sometimes.

Best wishes
Marc

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

When scheduling an interview, you can see the interviewers that accepted the interview invite. But for the candidate it only shows ‘Email Sent’ in the ‘Interviews’ tab. Since the calendar invite only includes the interviewers, there is no way to see easily if the candidate accepted it.

Is there a way for the organizer to also be included in the invite that goes out to the candidate, so that at least they can see in their calendar?

This is not helpful. I have no way of knowing if a candidate did not receive my invitation or just chose not to respond. Are you saying there is is an internal server issue? Even if I copy myself on the invitation it does not solve the issue. I don’t want to have to follow up with someone constantly to find out if they have received my message. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @lisaamoroso 👋🏼,

Thank you very much for your comment! What Marc tried to explain is that receiving a response back in Personio for invitations is a configuration that the candidate must have in their email service. In some email servers, it is possible to decide if such information should get back to the receiver or not. This is why sometimes no direct response will be sent to Personio due to the candidates' provider. If the candidate has set this so that the receiver is allowed to be informed, then you will see if they accepted or declined an invitation.

If the message to the candidate is marked as “sent” in the candidate profile, you can assume the candidate received the email of your invitation.

I hope this information offers you further clarity on the topic! Let me know if you have any further question.

I wish you a lovely weekend 🌊.

Best,

Andrea

Your reply