Answered

Turning off email notification for comments

• 11 April 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello, why does a role still receive email notifications for comments in personio even though they have turned them off in their settings? They have unticked all the boxes for email notifications but still they receive them. What can we do without turning it off for everyone? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 12 April 2023, 14:05

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Tansi 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

Could you please provide me with a screenshot of the notification you are receiving? This way I can get a better understanding of which area of Personio it is coming from. If it is a comment, I am guessing this is Recruiting and if so it will be based on the Recruiting role you have been assigned as to the job position.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Best,

Conor

Badge

Yes exactly. comments is ticked here. I do not want to turn off all notifications, just email notifications and also not for all members of this role. If I untick comments here in recruiting roles does that still mean that people can opt in for email and in-personio notifications? If so, will they have to go into their settings to turn it back on? I hope this makes sense, thank you so much!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Tansi 

If you untick the comments option here, every employee who has been assigned to a position under the Responsibles tab as this Recruiting role, will no longer receive email notifications for new comments. They won’t be able to opt into this themselves and employees with the necessary access to the Recruiting settings will have to opt them back in for this. Additionally, you cannot switch it on for some employees and off for other employees within one Recruiting role. Instead you would need to create two roles and set up different notifications for each.

It will only affect email notifications for Recruiting but no other notifications you may have in other parts of Personio. So for example, the notifications set within here, will not affect notifications about an open approval for an absence request. 

If you still have questions on this, please let me know 😄

Best,

Conor

Badge

So basically if a person turns off email notifications in their own settings in personio, that does not turn off their email notifications if it is not turned off for everyone in the recruiting settings?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Tansi 

Your employees will continue to receive the email notifications based on the Recruiting role they are in, even if they choose to turn off for example the Reminders option below. The notifications within Recruiting roles are completely based on the job position and are not grouped together with other reminders.

I hope that clears any confusion up 😃

Best,

Conor

Your reply