Answered

Department name change - how does it affect reports and historical data?

• 9 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, I would like to know how does department name change affect the reports and historical data. Does it preserve the old department name before the change date and change only on the day when we make the change or all the date in the history gets the new name? Also, if the name change gets recorded on the specific date, does it show in the employee history as a sperate record?

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 10 January 2024, 16:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @Agne Ignotiene 

I am afraid that it will not preserve the old Department name and instead retrospectively change this for all history entries associated with this Department. In the test I did in my demo account, you can see that for the Growth Department I edited, it does not put in an extra history entry or distinguish between the old and new name.

In this case, you would need to create a new Department with the new name and put add in history entries manually to show the record of the dates in this change. For help on this, here is our guide on Retroactively edit an employee attribute.

If you believe we could improve this feature, I would kindly ask that you provide your feedback to our Product Team via the Ideation Area. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply