Overtime is calculated incorrectly

• 6 December 2023
  • 11 replies

Badge

Dear personio team,

I have noticed an error in the calculation of overtime.

Before I entered my times for yesterday's working day, my overtime account was correctly calculated as -8h, as 8h of my working day was missing. The result was then -5h56.

I then entered my working hours, but I only worked 6h57 yesterday, so I didn't work a full 8h. However, my overtime account was offset with +8h and now shows a plus of 2h04, although it should only be 1h01.

This means that more overtime is displayed than I actually have.

I hope you can fix this error with the next update so that I don't have to calculate the overtime manually.

Kind regards
Christopher Henschel, M.Sc.

11 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @Bugreports 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

For overtime calculations it is very difficult without multiple questions and posts to figure out what the issue is here. For a fast solution to this type of problem, I would highly suggest having the Account Owner reach out to our support team via Find Answers. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best regards,

Conor

Badge

Thanks for the answer. Meanwhile I cross checked the functionality and there are more information to share. Here are more insights:

entered time calculated overtime
no time entered correct calculation
time entered but not confirmed incorrect calculation
time entered and confirmed correct calculation

Am I not the owner of my personio account? Because I also have old screenshots I send to the support team raised as a request but got the response, that I’m not allowed raising bugs that way so I had to find another way to report bugs.

Nevertheless here are the screenshots, were you can see, that the overtime is calculated incorrectly. Adding a working time of 7h58 increases the overtime by 8h.

Userlevel 5

Hey @Bugreports 

Thank you for the screenshots. 

However, I would need to have a deeper look into the settings of your account, in order to give you an answer to your question. Could you kindly have the Account Owner for your Personio account put in a support request via Find Answers and then we can help you to a quick solution.

Best regards, 

Conor

Badge

My Account Owner have reported it. When will it be resolved?

Userlevel 5

Hey @Bugreports 

We really appreciate you and your Account Owner highlighting this to our Support and Product Team through Find Answers. Unfortunately we cannot give exact timelines, as the time to solve each bug depends on various factors. However, what I can say is our Product Team are usually very quick in the process from the reporting of a bug to a solution. Once we have information on a fix, our support agent will be in contact with your Account Owner right away. 

If I can help in any other way, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Badge

Hey Conor,

thank you very much for your detailed answer. I’m looking forward to see the problem solved.

Best regards

Badge

Dear personio team,

the next month passed away and the problem still exists. Just want to be sure, that this Bug is still on your list to resolve.

Kind regards

Userlevel 5

Hey @Bugreports 

Have you checked in with the support agent for an update on this? If you reach out to them, they will be happy to provide you with up to date information on this bug.

Please let me know if you require any further technical assistance.

Best,

Conor

Badge

If this had worked out for our company, I wouldn't have to try it here. I don’t get feedback from the support agent and the personio admin in our company do not have the time for constant inquiries, so they commissioned me. I would be glad if you can provide technical assistance for that.

Kind regards

Badge

I wanted to kindly ask again for support. We have been struggling with overtime for months because it is not calculated correctly and has to be calculated manually each time.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Dear @Bugreports

I am very sorry to hear that you are struggling with this for a while already. 

Please note the above-mentioned conditions by my colleague Conor.
I am happy to give a little background:

• In the Community everyone can ask questions, customers, non customers, which is great as we can share experience and knowledge much wider. And we are happy to support you as far as we can here on the Community. Please keep in mind that on the Community Team we do not have access to your accounts, nor do we have a verification that you are working in the company that you have entered the profile. 
  • Some topics, like bugs, extremely complex situations, or things that require changes to be made on the account, need to be looked at individually by our Support Team. They have processes in place in order to report bugs to our Product Team and your Account Owner gets notified. In order to have a fast and safe process, only support authorized employees are allowed to grant access to your Company account or advise changes to be done. They are set in your account, please reach out to your Account Owner in order to report this, they will also get updates. :) 

I am very sorry that this is taking a while now for you, for the next time you are aware, can communicate this directly to the right place and receive a quicker result. :) 

Best, 
Lena

Your reply