Answered

Privacy & Data retention compliance: How to (automatically) remove data after expiration of retention period

• 23 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
  • Busy Bee
  • 19 replies

Hi there, 

According to European and Dutch legislation we can’t store personnel information and files forever. E.g. according to Dutch laws, we are not allowed to keep the employment contracts and sick leave registration longer than 2 years after termination of the contract. For other documents (e.g. copy passport) the retention periods are 5 or 7 years.

A few questions about this topic:

• Is there a way in which Personio supports removing these documents and data automatically after the expiration of the retention period?
  • If not, what would be the best way to remove data without it being too time consuming?
  • Is there a way to remove data without it affecting the historical data (e.g. for FTE reporting)?

I hope you can help me out. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 24 November 2023, 16:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Tim,

Answer to question 1: Unfortunately we don’t have the option to automatise so inactive profiles will be deleted automatically after a certain period.
Answer to question 2: A possibility is to add a Reminder of Termination date for the relevant Employee role (for example HR) so they can delete the profile at a certain period. 

This you can do by going to Settings > Employee Roles > relevant Employee Role > Reminder > Add role reminder

Here you will find more information regarding: Create reminders.

Answer to question 3: If we delete a profile this will affect reports. In this case you can go within the profile delete all documents without deleting the profile.

I’ve looked for similar ideas in our ideation area , but couldn’t find one yet.

In
case another user has shared this suggestion for improvement you can always vote for it.

You can always post a new idea here:

How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us!

I wish you an amazing day.

Best,

Sofia

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks Sofia, I created an idea

Your reply