Answered

Attendance based "bonus" payments (e.g. meal vouchers)

• 7 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi, is there an option how I can set an attendance based extra payment (separate to the main salary)?

Let's assume that instead of handing out meal vouchers, every employee is entitled to a payment of 3€ per attendance day. So, if an employee was 5 days on vacations, and had 15 working days, they are entitled to 15x3€ in addition to their main salary.

How can I make this work?

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Andrea 8 September 2022, 10:29

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @ffxbauer,

Thank you very much for sharing this question with us! I am happy to support you.

Since the type of compensation you are mentioning would be different every time you add it to the salaries, I would recommend adding a One time compensation for your employees. You can add this compensation under Settings > Payroll > Additional Compensation and import the values simultaneously for different profiles.

In the following help center article, you can find the indications to import one time compensations:

Create and Manage One-Time Compensations

Please let me know if this information is helpful, or if you need any further support from my side.

I wish you a lovely day!

Best,

Andrea

P.S. Have you checked out our customer events in September? Live User Group Meetings, Product Updates and many more 🥂. Check the details and register 👉🏼 here.

But for this I would first have to export all attendance days for all employees, then run the calculations, and upload the compensation again. Which is quite a manual and unnecessary process. 

Furthermore, it is not a one-time compensation but a recurring compensation of which the exact amount is conditioned on the number of working days of a given calendar month.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ffxbauer,

Thank you for this additional information.

On the moment, there is no functionality which connects attendance with compensations. This is why the process you described would be right in order to manage the mentioned compensation. 

I would recommend creating a custom report with the following settings:

The report must only be created once and the date can be adapted per month, for example. The monthly report can be exported and adapted to the one time compensation import

I would recommend not using recurring compensations for this bonus, since they are used for recurring amounts in recurring periods of time. For example, for meal vouchers, which amount is always the same. 

I would be very happy if you post a suggestion of improvement in our ideation area for the functionality you exactly require. This way, other users can vote for this idea, and it will also be shared with our product team. 

Please let me know if I can support you with any other detail regarding this topic.

Greetings from Munich.

Andrea

Thanks - I'm not able log into the ideation area, tried it many times already...(even though I'm both customer and member here)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @ffxbauer,

Thanks a lot for the hint! This was due to a setting in your profile, which I just fixed. You should be able to see and post in ideation now. Please let me know if this is not the case.

I am sorry that you could not enter ideation until now!

Best,

Andrea 🌻

Badge +1

I’m surprised this isn’t a default option in Personio. 

Is it an improvement that is in the development pipeline? We have several benefits that are recurring and linked to attendance. Using the method of one-time compensation each month is not practical at all unfortunately.

Best,

Kevin

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kevin G,

This functionality is not on the list of features that will be released soon. If you wish this functionality to be considered for the feedback our product team gathers, please share it in our ideation area. Unless maybe @ffxbauer already posted the idea, then he can share it here on the thread :). 

In order for us to fully understand your idea, I share with you a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area: 

• What would you like to achieve with Personio?  What issue do you need to solve?

• Why? What would be the added value for you? 

• How are you solving it right now? 

The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public.

Make sure to add the link to the idea in this thread, so that other users that find your question can upvote it. 

Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us 🙌🏽.

Best,

Andrea

Badge +1

Hi @Andrea ,

I shared it in your ideation area:

Best,

Kevin

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Kevin G,

Thank you! You had published the inquiry as a question, so I transformed it into an idea. In this case, you need to vote for your own idea, since a transformed post does not automatically add the poster’s vote to it.

To publish an idea, choose this kind of post when you publish it:

This way, your vote will be automatically counted for the idea 😊.

Let me know if you have any question about this topic.

I wish you a lovely day!

Best,

Andrea

Your reply