Answered

Changing payroll cycle days

• 6 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi, does any one has experience with changing payroll cycle days once several payroll cycles are approved and closed. How changing the payroll cycle days will affect existing data? Any experience or advise would be appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 13 April 2023, 11:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Agne Ignotiene 

I just wanted to let you know I am working with my colleagues on this request, so I can give you the best possible advice. Once I have this for you, I will comment once again 😃

Thank you for your patience on this.

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @Agne Ignotiene 

Thank you for your patience on this 😀

So going forward if you are to change your Payroll from now onwards, it will not have an effect on the previous payroll periods. It will only effect them if you choose to change it from a date in the past.

In my example, my usual payroll period is from the 1st to the last of the month:

However I navigate to Settings > Salary & Payroll > Payroll periods and choose to change this from April 2023 to 15th of each month to the 14th of the next.

The only effect on the Payroll is it will put the first two weeks of April that have already past in a separate period until the new payroll period comes into effect. As you can see below the date range is between the end of the previous payroll period of the last day of the month and the 15th of April when the new payroll period becomes active.

Then going forward from the 15th of April, the new payroll period is now active until the 14th of the next month.

To help you with more understanding on this area, I am providing you with useful helpcenter articles below:

I hope the information was clear above, however if you need any further guidance please reach out to me again. 

Have a wonderful day ☘️

Best,

Conor

Your reply