Answered

How to stop a recurring compensation

• 8 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi there, 

I have a question about the recurring compensation of one of our employees. 

The ‘stagevergoeding’ in this case (which means internship payment), will come to an end at the 4th of June, so last Friday. I want to end this type of the recurring compensation, without deleting it all. If I use the the red cross to delete it, it will not be visible anymore that the compensation has been applicable for a period of time, is that correct? I can change the compensation to 0 from the 5th of June, however, if I do that, the recurring compensation will still appear on the payroll, but at the amount of 0 euros. I'm looking for a way to not have this recurring compensation appear anymore at all on the payroll. Is there a way to end this type of recurring compensation? 

Thank you! 

icon

Best answer by Daniele will be back in June 8 June 2021, 13:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hello @ExpatMortgages,
Thank You for reaching out! 😊

I am happy to help you with this enquiry.

If I use the the red cross to delete it, it will not be visible anymore that the compensation has been applicable for a period of time, is that correct?

That is correct! Clicking on the red cross makes retroactive changes, so the whole record for the recurring compensation will be removed even for the past months.

To end the regular payment of recurring compensation in Personio from a specific point in time onwards, go to the overview as shown in your screenshot and set the payment amount to zero from the required date (e.g. 5. June).

if I do that, the recurring compensation will still appear on the payroll, but at the amount of 0 euros.

Do you mean the Preliminary Payroll?

If the amount is set to 0, it actually shouldn’t appear on the Preliminary Payroll at all for the respective month.
If this is the case, please let me know, so we can have a look at it together.

Or do you mean the Salary Tab? 

In that case, any type of Recurring Compensation that was made for that employee in the current year will be displayed. The purpose of this overview is to show you all the monthly compensations at a glance.

Have a look at my example:

The compensation type Stagevergoeding has been active for some months in 2021, so it will be shown as a column, even if some entries are €0.

Since it has been inactivated from 05 June 2021, it is not visible anymore in the overview of 2022.

I hope this helps!

You can find more info about this in the Help Center Article: Managing recurring compensation.

Looking forward to your reply!

Best,
Daniele

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Daniele,

Thank you for your very quick and thorough reply! I'll change it to 0 from the 5th of June, and double check if it will appear on the preliminary payroll for July. 

Have a nice day

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @ExpatMortgages,

Have you tried it out?
Let me know if it worked, and if you have any further questions.

Best,
Daniele

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Daniele, 

Yes, it seems to work. So far so good ;) 

Thanks again! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Amazing! That’s great to hear. 😊
Thank You for the update and for marking the question as “Solved”.

If you have any further questions, you can always create a new topic.

Best,
Daniele

Your reply