Answered

Managing salaries in different offices

• 11 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi there! 

I’ve run into two issues, mainly problems configuring the salary tab due to different offices we have in different countries.

1. Could it be possible to be able to modify the salary requirements per office? For example, our payroll cut-off date for Portugal is on the 5th, but in Amsterdam, on the 11th of the month, so now there is a lot of manual work when we export the payroll reports.
  2. Could there be a change to salary installments per office as well? In our Portugal entity, employees can choose between a 12 and 14 salary installments, while in the Netherlands it’s 12 only. Now this requires manual work whenever the salaries are updated.

These come to mind for now, thanks!

Elina

icon

Best answer by Andrea 15 November 2022, 14:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @elinand

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiries.

1. Could it be possible to be able to modify the salary requirements per office? For example, our payroll cut-off date for Portugal is on the 5th, but in Amsterdam, on the 11th of the month, so now there is a lot of manual work when we export the payroll reports.
    • Yes, in order to use different payroll periods for your offices, you can activate the functionality for Payroll groups. This can be set up under Settings > Payroll > Salary and Payroll > General > Payroll groups:
Settings > Payroll > Salary and Payroll > General > Payroll groups

By undertaking this setting, the Payroll periods for each Office can be set up on the tab with the same name:

Settings > Payroll > Salary and Payroll > Payroll periods

Please visit our help center to see more details about these settings: Configuring the preliminary payroll: payroll groups.

1. Could there be a change to salary installments per office as well? In our Portugal entity, employees can choose between a 12 and 14 salary installments, while in the Netherlands it’s 12 only. Now this requires manual work whenever the salaries are updated.
    • ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​I am afraid this is not yet possible within our tool, since salaries are only based on a 12-Month period. Another user has already posted a suggestion for improvement in our ideation area:

Please vote for this idea and comment to let us know how you would need a feature to work, to help you solve this topic and your use case.

Let me know if this information was helpful for you, or if there is any other question I can support you with.

I wish you a lovely day 🌻.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @elinand,

I hope my answer above was helpful for you! If this was the case, please mark my post as Best Answer. If there is any other detail you need from me, please let me know. I will be happy to support sou further 😊.

I wish you a lovely day 🌸.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 2
Badge

HI @elinand ,

Thanks for sharing your input around this topic.

I'm Julia and I work as a User Experience Researcher at Personio. I'm focusing on how we can improve our payroll solution and therefore working closely with our product & design teams to build the best product for our customers.

Currently I am looking for HR managers responsible for payroll to give me some input about their payroll process and the challenges. In case you're interested, feel free to check out the post below and reach out to me. We would highly appreciate your input!

Best,
Julia

Your reply