Answered

salary calculation for employees on hourly wage

• 23 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,

I’m using the integration of DATEV for the first time now with Personio and try to understand how the salary is calculated for employees with hourly wages.

There’s an employee who works five days a week. The amount of hours vary from day to day depending on what is needed. The maximum hours they are allowed to work per week is 40.

The exact working time is captured in the attendance, the hourly wage is correct. Still the calculation of the salary that is shown in the payroll is not correct, but too low.

Can someone explain which data is used to calculate the salary for people with hourly wages? Could the error come from the working schedule that was assigned (it currently is 40hours per week to show the maximum, but it usually is always less than that)?

I’d be glad to hear your ideas!

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 27 February 2024, 10:49

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @Nadine_Hu 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

As mentioned in our helpcenter article on Managing Hourly Salaries, there are two ways to record hourly salaries:

• Through the attendance hours entered by the employee, which the system then multiplies the rate by
  • Manually through the Salary tab by entering the hours worked.

What I would advise you to do is to navigate to the Salary tab of this employee whereby the payment is too low and check on the hours the system is calculating. If a public holiday falls on a working day, there is usually a note within the Salary tab to outline that this needs to be considered and added manually. It could be the case that this manual adjustment for public holidays is not being made and therefore the payment is lower than expected. 

Please let me know if further issues arise after checking on the calculations.

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply