🚀 The Art of Elevating Candidate Experience: Why It Matters and How to Do It Right

• 27 September 2023
  • 0 replies
🚀 The Art of Elevating Candidate Experience: Why It Matters and How to Do It Right
Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi Community! 👋🏻

How are you managing candidate experience at your organisation? 

🩵 I remember my first interaction with the Personio recruiting department as if it were yesterday. The gentle voice on the phone asked politely about my availability for an interview. My enthusiasm was high, yet I never expected to have such a stellar candidate experience.

The recruiter kept me informed and regularly updated throughout the interview process, ensuring that I both shared and received feedback. They maintained my excitement throughout the entire process. When I eventually joined, I knew I had made the right decision because the welcome and attention I received were remarkable.

Having an outstanding candidate experience can genuinely help any organization maintain a positive reputation and reduce employee turnover rates. As HR professionals, one of your main missions is to attract and hire top talent. However, that can be a real challenge if the hiring process and the candidate experience are draining, time-consuming, and mundane.

Studies show that:

• 69% of candidates will never apply to your company again if the candidate experience is negative.
  • 72% of candidates who have a negative experience will tell others about it.

So, how can you ensure you provide an exceptional candidate experience?

1. 🗣️ Constant Communication: Stay in touch with your candidates from the application submission until the offer (or rejection). Encourage them to share their thoughts regarding their experience to keep enthusiasm high.

2. ✨Set Expectations: Leaving candidates in the dark can create misunderstandings and uncertainty. Keeping candidates informed and setting expectations regarding the next steps gives the impression of a well-thought-through and organized process, motivating candidates to present their best professional selves.

3. 🔁 Create Feedback Loops: If your hiring process includes a case study or a panel interview, provide constructive feedback to your candidates. Being aware of their performance sets them up for success, either in your organization or the next one they apply to.

4. 🤓 Be Transparent: Whether or not candidates make it to the final round, be transparent with them. Explain the processes, role requirements, and organizational demands. Rejecting candidates is never easy, but transparency allows them to build trust in your organization, leaving a positive impression even if they don't end up working for you.

5. 🤝 Build a Perception of Fairness: Through transparency and regular feedback loops, you build a perception of fairness. This transforms your organization into a corporate unicorn where employees are respected by others in the field, and your brand becomes a highlight on their CV.

Enhancing the candidate experience is not just a trend but a strategic imperative for modern businesses. A positive candidate journey not only attracts top talent but also strengthens your employer brand, reduces time-to-hire, and boosts employee engagement.

By treating candidates with respect, transparency, and empathy throughout the hiring process, your organization can create a lasting positive impression that sets the stage for long-term success. In today's competitive talent landscape, investing in candidate experience is an investment in your company's future.

Have you taken steps to ensure a smooth candidate experience? Have you explored Personio's application management tools?

What steps have you taken to reassure a smooth candidate experience?

Let us know below 👇🏻

Linda and the Voyager Community team

No replies

Be the first to reply!

Your reply