Answered

Absence request triggers no approval process

• 3 October 2022
  • 2 replies

When any of our collogues request absence, I get a notification and after approving it shows on their calendar but this time one of our collogues put an absence request on Personio, it got automatically got approved without any notification or approval request. How do we prevent this from happening.

icon

Best answer by Andrea 4 October 2022, 18:12

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Nikita04chauhan,

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with this request.

If a person in your organization was able to add an absence period in their profile, without triggering an approval request, one of the following options might apply:

• The person has edit rights for the corresponding absence type. You can check this by going to the person’s employee profile to the roles tab. Here you can see in which employee roles the person is a member of. Afterwards, please check the access rights given to these roles for the corresponding absence type under settings > people > employee roles. If any of the roles the person is a member of has edit rights for the absence type, this person can add an absence period without triggering an approval process. Please grant the person proposal rights for an approval process to be triggered.
  • There is no approval process for this absence type. You can check this under settings > workflows >approvals > [corresponding absence type]. In order for an approval process to be triggered, it is necessary to set add approval steps for each absence type. 

Here I share with you a couple of help center articles that are useful for this topic:

→ Creating Default Approval Workflows

→ Access rights: Absences

Please let me know if this information was helpful to solve your inquiry. Otherwise, I will be happy to support you further!

Have a nice evening ☀️.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @Nikita04chauhan 

Just checking in, since the question is still open: is this matter resolved?

if that’s the case, just give us a hint (by liking, answering, or marking the above reply as “best answer”).

If you have any other question, of course go ahead and let us know in a comment - other members and our own experts are always happy to help! :)

Best,
Daniele

Your reply