Answered

Absence types assignment issues

• 30 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Dear Team,

I would need your support related to the absence types. I created 2 new absence types for our company, which are actually practically not absences, but we would need them in our calendar for transparency. These are office absences in our 2 locations: Berlin Office and Barcelona Office. 

I created the absence categories, but colleagues cannot request it as an option. I tried to go via the "Assign people" function, but then when I go into the Employee list and go to Actions --> Change accrual policy - and I select the relevant absence type (e.g. here Barcelon Office), I can only click on "Unassign all accrual policies". 

How can I assign these new absence types to the employees? Or is the number of absence types limited to 14 altogether, and the problem is that we exceeded it?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Viktoria

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 30 June 2023, 16:58

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @viktoria_quantica

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here :confetti_ball: :partying_face:.
I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

There are two possible escenarios why the employees are not able to request the new two absence types: they don’t have the Access rights for the new Absences types or the configuration of these have the Accrual policies enable and the employees has not accrual policy assign for them. 

You should check the Access rights for the specific Absence type in the Employee roles. You can do this under Settings > Employee roles > Access rights > Absences. The View and Propose rights need to be granted for them to be able to request the absence.
If this is correct, the next step is to check if your employees have been assigned an Accrual policy, in the scenario that the accruals are active for the Absence type in question. For that, you can navigate to Settings > Work Hours and Absences > Absences.

?name=image.png

For more information about this topic, you can visit our Helpcenter article: Troubleshooting: An employee cannot request leave.

I hope this helps Viktoria! In case this doesn’t work out, I’d suggest contacting my colleagues from Customer support team via Find Answers.  My colleagues will be able to log in into your account and check the settings together with you.

Be aware that only Account Owners can contact our support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information in your account. You can find out how here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with!

I wish you a lovely weekend! 🙌🏻

Best,

Zulema

Dear Zulema,

Thank you so much, I didn´t remember this point with the Employee roles exactly, and that solved the issue! And after setting the right Employee roles, I can see they can already request this absence type. Then shall I still do anything with the accrual policy? Because actually it will be an unlimited day for this request, it is really only about tracking their presence in different offices, but it is just for the calendar overview actually.

Thanks again,

Viki

Userlevel 5

Hi @viktoria_quantica,

I’m glad to hear that the employees are now able to see and request this Absence type! 🙌🏼 I think this is already solved, so you don’t have to do anything about the Accrual policy. I just mentioned because as I can’t check your configuration, I didn’t know what exactly was the issue and I wanted to cover everything that could be preventing the employee to request it. As you said, the Accrual policy here is not necessary so everything looks good for me!

Please let me know if you have need further information! 

I hope you have a lovely day! 😃

Best,

Zulema

Thanks a lot Zulema for your support, all clear! :)

Best,

Viktoria

Your reply