Answered

Absence update

• 6 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello Team,

We have noticed an update on the absence/vacation portion of the employees but it kind of complicates now our absence data since previously we have modified it to the current behavior of the absences. 

First, when you 

SET BALANCE - you wont be able to see the comment when you set balance, before the update, it is showing, the only time when you cant see the comment is if you do the MASS UPLOAD of the balances, but now it is not showing the comment even if we do the MANUAL SETting of balance. 

Next is 

The ENTITLEMENT - for example, when you need to override the given entitlement of the new hire, it is not showing the one originally given even if the effective date is the same date. see below example: 

The entitlement is still showing as 15 days? please advise, previously thats not how it works. 

Next is the

carryover from previous periods, before, we can just zero out the most recent year to correct. Now we need to zero out all previous years since the carryover is now adding all the balances left from previous years. 

Before we can just add the total balance and the most recent “SET BALANCE” would be the effective entitlement. Now can you please advise how will it be done moving forward.

Let us know what are the practices we need to do know. Thank you in advance and seeking your support! 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 10 July 2023, 16:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @kaylachuchi 

We are currently experiencing some issues with the Absence tab at this time, so I am unable to recreate your scenarios.

Once this returns, I will look into your questions and reply.

Thank you for your patience on this 😀

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 5

Hey @kaylachuchi 

Thank you for your patience on this issue 😀

SET BALANCE - you wont be able to see the comment when you set balance, before the update, it is showing, the only time when you cant see the comment is if you do the MASS UPLOAD of the balances, but now it is not showing the comment even if we do the MANUAL SETting of balance. 

I was able to reproduce this and I think this could be a bug as this feature is mentioned in our helpcenter article on how to Adjust Absence Balances. For this reason, I would suggest asking your Account Owner to contact our support team to investigate this further.

The ENTITLEMENT - for example, when you need to override the given entitlement of the new hire, it is not showing the one originally given even if the effective date is the same date. see below example: 

The entitlement is still showing as 15 days? please advise, previously thats not how it works. 

Again I am afraid I would need to see into your account to give you the best advice on this. Please kindly have your Account Owner reach out to our support team on this, as it would be very difficult to know the reason for this without viewing the employee profile.

Carryover from previous periods, before, we can just zero out the most recent year to correct. Now we need to zero out all previous years since the carryover is now adding all the balances left from previous years. 

Before we can just add the total balance and the most recent “SET BALANCE” would be the effective entitlement. Now can you please advise how will it be done moving forward.

To workaround previous years carryover being added together from the hire date, you need to first create a zero day accrual policy and assign this from the hire date. You will then assign the main accrual policy from the start of the current entitlement period. This now means that you won’t have a situation whereby days will be added and deducted straight from the hire date and avoids incorrect balances. 

Please let me know if you require any further assistance.

Best,

Conor

Your reply