Answered

Absences - Carry over for the hire date

• 16 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

(This question is related to this thread)

I understand that is the current restriction.

I can’t remember if there is a suggestion to enable the carryover to be from the Leave start date.

i.e. it is selectable to enable a leave policy to start from year or hire date.

There was an assumption that if the policy is selected to ‘renew’ on Hire Date then the ‘carryover’ is also based on Hire Date but I’ve understood that the ‘carryover’ is restricted to only taking place on Calendar…

Is that right?

icon

Best answer by JHBEM 27 March 2023, 17:05

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @JHBEM,

Thank you for this clarification. In this case, it might be possible to set up what you need.

In the accrual policy, it is possible to select to enable the absence entitlement from the hire date. This means, that the employee’s entitlement will be triggered one year/month after their hire date.

In this case, the carryover is granted:

1. On a certain day of the year:

Settings > Absences > Accrual Settings

Here, the hire date of employees is irrelevant.

1. Unlimited, meaning that the employees can always use their carryover in the next period:
Settings > Absences > Accrual Settings

In this case, the carryover is granted one year/month after the employee’s hire date.

Is this functionality what you were looking for?

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

It might be easier on a call but I will try and explain.

James starts on 1 May 2022.
Policy starts on 1 May 2022.

The carryover limit is 5 days.

But it seems that only 5 days were carried over on 1 January 2023 and not whatever their remaining entitlement was - if that makes sense - example James has 20 days on 31st December, but on 1st January has 5 days.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @JHBEM,

I have turned this discussion into a new topic, since it was not directly related to the question.

For this topic, I would recommend contacting our support team for them to check your absence settings together with you. This way you can explain the use case and example while looking in your account together with my colleagues.

You can contact my colleagues from the support team via Find Answers. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

I wish you a lovely afternoon.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Reached out to support - but it is as i feared the restriction to carryover is exclusively to 31/12 (calendar year) and not work-year.

The challenge is that we have set our annual leave entitlement to align with hire date, so naturally we want carryover to align to the same - hire date - but this option doesn’t exist currently.

It’s something to raise to feature request - so will pick up as Ideation.

Your reply