Answered

Adjusting the work schedule option to prorate absences

• 16 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi @Andrea , 

I was checking to cover a doubt that might relate to this point and was checking your indications, and a question popped up. If I set the work schedule option to prorrate absences, would it affect ALL of the absences for that employee?

To go to the point, we have several different paid absences in the company, but only 1 of them would need to be prorrated for the part time employees, so not sure if that option would work here. 

Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 17 May 2023, 12:51

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hi @Oscar 

Yes, as seen in the linked ticket when setting up a Weekly working schedule you can decide whether this should be a basis to prorate the employees Absences. Please note this will only affect any Absence types for the employee in which they have an Accrual policy. The entitlement will be prorated in these cases but for Absence types without Accrual policy they should not be affected. 

With this in mind it is either possible to not set the automatic proration from within the Weekly working schedule and then just do a Manual adjustment to lower the balance of their entitlement for the one required one. Alternatively you can do this the opposite way there the automatic proration occurs and then you process a  Manual adjustment to increase any entitlements that should not have been reduced. Please see this article below for some more information:

👉🏽Configuring Part-time Employment

I hope this helps and if you have any further queries on this topic please let me know!

All the best, 

Erica 

Your reply