Answered

Archiving an abscense type?

• 5 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi, 

is it possible somehow archive absence types without all the earlier absences with that type will vanish? 

For example, when we took Personio in use, the absence type sick days was only possible to set either all day or first/second half of the day. Later there came option, that you can put only hours for example 14:00 - 16:00. 

And now if we want to enable people also to use the hour option, we had to create a new absence type, since we can’t modify the original (*time unit) that it would also include the hours.

So now we have ”sick days” and ”sick hours” even though we would want to only use one kind of sick absence and there would be option to choose either all day or the hours. 

SO, would it be possible somehow that we could edit the time unit OR that we could archive the other absence type without all that type absences vanishing in the past?

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 8 May 2023, 14:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Camilla

Thank you for reaching out to the community with your question! Unfortunately changing of time unit it is not possible. Don’t recommend in deleting the Absence type because this will have an impact on the history. A possibility is to renaming the old one with an (archived) extension.

I wish you a lovely day.

Best,

Sofia

Badge

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply.
Is there anyway that I hide an absence type from employees? If I do rename the old absence type and add “archived” note to that, is there any way I could hide this from employees? So the type won’t show in their list when choosing an absence type kind of for no reason? I wouldn’t want that there are useless types in the list that no one uses or someone then accidentally chooses the wrong one or gets confused..

Thanks, 
Camilla

Userlevel 5

Hi @Camilla,

Thank you for your reply, yes you can hide it by taken away Access Rights. This you can do by going to Settings > Employee Roles > All employees > Select relevant Absence type and untick the box for viewing rights.

When Logging in as one of the employees they wouldn’t be able to see this Absence type.

Thanks once again and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Sofia

Your reply