Skip to main content

Attendance bug - counting public holidays as work days

• 1 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, 
I just added a new employee starting from 1st of July. It shows that the employee has 40 minus hours in the beginning of July, although the start date is 1st of July. When I checked why, I saw that public holidays in May and April are counted as working days for this employee. 

Can you support how to solve the issue? 

Thank you, 

Alexandra

3 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @AlexandraPed,

You can assign a Public holiday calendar to the entire company but if you have different public holidays for different Offices, you can also assign public holiday calendars by Office. You mention that the employee was not assigned the public holidays for their region. In this case, I would advise you to check that they are assigned to the correct Office and that the Office has the right public holidays. To assign an employee to an Office, go to the Personal info tab of the employee’s profile, click Edit and select the correct Office. Set the effective date and Save. To update the public holidays for an Office, go to Settings > Organization > Offices > Edit

For more information, please see these Help Center articles:

Thanks for raising your question and let me know if you have any further queries.

Best,

Steve

Hi Steve, 

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my issue, as the employee has assigned the correct office with the correct public holidays. But as the employee started only on the 1st of July, the hours shouldn't be counted at all before. I guess there is a bug in the system. I also already wrote a support request. 

Best, 

Alexandra

Userlevel 6

Hi @AlexandraPed,

Sorry to hear that did not solve your issue!

Thank you for raising the support request, this will allow our team to look at the specifics in more detail in order to solve your query! 😀

Best,

Steve 

Your reply