Skip to main content

Hi,

we’re having a special case at the company and I’m curious how to best display this in Personio:

An employee should get 2 extra vacation days each month as a substitute until his salary gets raised. How can I automate this so I don’t have to manually adjust his entitlement each month?

I thought of creating an accrual policy so it will add 2 days each month. I could then add the policy from the month this agreement is starting. The only thing where this could be tricky is when I remove the policy due to the salary raise, will the accumulated vacation days be gone? How could I restore them if the employee didn’t take them so far?

Or how would you solve this case otherwise?

I would appreciate your ideas / solutions on this.

Best

Jasmin 

Dear @Cryptoprincess,

yes, you already thought of a great approach. :) 

Is this special agreement only valid for one person? Or do you think you will have this more often?

I would also create an extra absence type which is set up as your vacation days and create the accrual policy under this absence. You will need to do a manual adjustment, as soon as the employee gets the raise. Then you can set the amount to the days this employee has still left and save it with a comment on the details, e.g. got 2 extra days in the Months Apr - Jul and took X days already. Here you find explained, how you do an adjustment to a certain balance.

After documenting the details, you can remove the accrual policy. 

Does this information help?

Best Regards,
Lena

Your reply