Answered

Google Calendar x Personio Integration

• 23 May 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Dear Personio community,

I am making this post to request information regarding the following. We have the integration between Google Calendar and Personio set and has been using it for a bit. The integration works fine, but we would like to have more details in the Calendar. 

Currently, when an employee take time off, it will appear in the Google Calendar from Personio but it will not have the “out of office’ or description for the leave. Rather, the time off will appear as an “all day” event. 

My question is, is it possible to have “out office’ or any other detail in the event created from Personio? Or is there anyone else, that experienced the same and found a work around?

Looking forward to your replies!

Ragid

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 23 May 2023, 10:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @Ragid Martis 

Currently on Personio the Calendar Integration cannot create the feature ‘Out of Office’ instead it will create an event called ‘Out of Office’. It is not possible to choose the name of a calendar entry. The default for absences is “Out of Office” (“Abwesend” in DE) and additionally, the absence type isn’t visible (Home Office, Sick leave, Vacation, etc.)

This is a known limitation in regards to this integration and we have had other customers mention this to us within the Ideation Area. The only possible workaround at this moment is to create a separate ‘Out of Office’ the manual way to ensure the features attached to this are working as you would like. 

What I can tell you on the good news front about this feature is that we will shortly be including hour based absence types into the Calendar Integration, allowing for these to be automatically pulled through in the same way as daily absences. This has been a long desired feature and we are happy to say that this will be released in the coming weeks.

If there is anything else I can help you on, please let me know.

Have a wonderful day ☘️

Best,

Conor

Your reply