Answered

Leave showing on calendar but 0 days deducted

• 21 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there

When a specific employee adds leave on a Thursday or Friday the leave is recorded correctly on the right day but at 0 balance, so is not deducted from the entitlement.  

The employee is part time based on hours, not days, so I don’t want all Thurs/Fri leave to be marked as zero.  Can you tell me where I can amend the settings to correct this?  I don’t have this problem on other employees on part time contracts, of which there are several

Thank you

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 21 June 2023, 13:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @hjackson011 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

The reason the employee’s absence deduction is showing as 0, is because the employee is most likely not scheduled to work on this day according to their work schedule. For your part-time employees I would suggest setting up a separate absence type, as they may require different settings in comparison to full time employees. Here is a great guide on Best Practice: Part-time employees.

To fix this, I would kindly ask you to navigate to Settings > Absence > Select the leave absence > Validity and you will need to edit this according to your desires. If you don’t want the absence to be based on the work schedule, then you may choose the option Mon-Sun.

Here is our helpcenter guide on Define the Range of Absence Types (Valid On) for more information on this.

Please let me know if you run into any further difficulties.

Best,

Conor

Your reply