Skip to main content
Answered

Overlapping absence

• 10 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Good afternoon,  one of our employees is trying to add 2 days of leave. 

This is for the 10th and 11th August, this follows an approved week of leave prior to this. I have checked the periods do not currently overlap so cannot see any issue for this error message.

I also as administrator cannot delete this absence and re input it as it needs to be approved and added to the team rosta.

2 replies

Userlevel 6

Hi @Hannah23,

When you said that you as Administrator cannot delete the absence period and re-input it, what do you mean? If you are Administrator, you would be bale to delete and enter it again and select the Skip approval option, so you don’t have to wait for the approver to approve it again. 

And, actually this was going to be my advice, to delete that absence period and enter it back. On rare occasions, the system thinks the absence is running further than it is and it doesn’t allow as to request the following days. For a fast solution, this is my advice. If this doesn’t work, I would suggest you to create a support request via Help.

Be aware that only Account Owners can contact our Support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information in your account. You can find out how here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with! 😃

I wish you a lovely weekend! 🙌🏼

Best,

Zulema

I will do this if it is the only solution however it is not best practice. The original absence period was approved by their line manager which is the preferable way for it to appear. 

Your reply