Answered

Overtime

• 27 February 2023
  • 4 replies

We have set up overtime as per option 3. Calculation of Overtime Based on Daily Working Hours (With Deficit Hours). https://support.personio.de/hc/en-us/articles/115000671865-Set-up-overtime. Which means that the deficit hours will be automatically recorded for days with time tracked. This way, every time the employee registers fewer hours than they should on a workday, their overtime hours will be automatically recalculated.

I understand that there is an option to convert overtime into time off (https://support.personio.de/hc/en-us/articles/115000724605-Manage-Overtime) which you can do through the Overtime & Deficit time widget. However, I don’t think this is necessary if you have set up your Overtime as per option 3? It will just automatically adjust if no hours are recorded on a working day.

My question: is my understanding correct? There is no need for me to convert the overtime for employees into comp time.

icon

Best answer by Annlisa 28 February 2023, 15:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello @PC Manager 😊,

If the Employee forgets to register their Attendance, deficit hours will be registered automatically based on the Work Schedule assigned to the Employee. 
It might happen that the Employee registers the Attendance on a daily basis, so there are no deficit hours to be entered. It might happen that this Employee works Overtime and when registered, you can decide how to manage them: edit the Overtime, Pay it out or Convert it into time off.
If your Employees don't work extra hours, you don't have to compensate them.😊

I hope this will clarify a bit. 

Hi Annlisa

Apologies in the delay in getting back to me. I would still like some clarification please.

This is an example: 

• An employee has worked 40hours overtime.
  • The employee then does not work for one week (=40hours), does not log it as paid holiday. 
  • The system will then log this as 40 deficit hours, bringing the total overtime hour balance back to 0hrs.

Is that correct? And if so, why would you have to ‘convert’ the overtime hours into comp time?

thanks

Userlevel 5

Hey @PC Manager 

I tested this out scenario within my demo account and yes you could have the days deducting with deficit hours to balance the 40 hours worked overtime:

However, without the absence type its hard to track this through reporting. You could instead convert these 40 hours into an absence which will allow the employee to then input the days and keep track. This will allow you to pull custom reports of the absence periods. In my opinion, I would suggest converting the overtime into comp time for this reason. 

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Best,

Conor

Thanks Conor for your message. It’s as I thought. 

Your reply