Answered

Overtime approval

• 2 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone, 

we realized people are independently converting their overtime.

• Is there a way to switch of overtime converting into compensated hours? 
  • And is it possible to implement an approval workflow, for wanting to convert overtime into compensated hours? 

I’ve been looking about an 1 hour for an answer to these questions but couldn’t find anything.😬

Thanks for your help in advance!

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 3 January 2024, 18:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @LisaJ,

Only Admins have the possibility to Convert overtime into Compensated hours, unless in the Employee Role this is turned on:

Settings > Employee Roles > Relevant Employee Role > Access Rights > Attendance data > Edit. Unfortunately there is no Workflow approval for converting overtime hours because this settings is meant for Admins or a specific Employee Role

Here you will find more information regarding: Access rights.

I’ve looked for similar ideas in our ideation area , but couldn’t find one yet.

In
case another user has shared this suggestion for improvement you can always vote for it.

You can always post a new idea here:

How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us!

I wish you an amazing day.

Best,

Sofia 

Thank you so much Sofia!

I want employees to be able to edit their attendance without anyone getting notified. It seems like if I turn on “edit” I can not make a selection what can be edited. And if select “propose”, whenever there is a change made to the tracked hours, an approval request gets send to their supervisor, although I did not set any approval flow. 

I am guessing the only solution is setting a limit to overtime hours? 

Thanks in advance

Lisa 

Userlevel 5

Hi @LisaJ,

If there is no Workflow in Settings > Approvals > Attendance, then the employees should be able to enter their working hours in the Attendance tab without an approval request if you select “Propose”.

If Edit is on, then there is no approval Workflow. Be aware that with Edit rights they can make changes in Overtime balances and Work Schedule details ( they will be able to change their own Work Schedule).
​​​​​​

In this case, I would suggest you to create a support request via Find Answersmy colleagues from the Support team will be able to look within your Account Settings

Be aware that only Account owners can contact our support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information in your account. You can find out how here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

I wish you a lovely day.

Best,

Sofia 

Your reply