Answered

POLAND - more vacation days for a public holiday that occurs on the weekend

• 11 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Dear Community, I hope someone would have knowledge about how to set up a “flexible” vacation day amount for the Polish colleagues. In the polish law is said that if a public holiday is on the weekend - the employee would be given this day off on some other date.

How can this be set up in Personio? Can it be automated or do we need to add vacation days manually?

Thanks for any best practices with this!

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 12 October 2023, 13:31

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hey @AnnV 

Unfortunately this cannot be automated and for this reason you have two options:

• You can manually adjust the existing vacation balance by +1 day
  • You can create a new absence type for this occasion and assign a zero day accrual policy. Each time this incident happens, you would manually adjust the balances by +1.

My best advice would be the second option, as this will allow you to bulk import balances to multiple employees at once. So you will first create the new absence type and grant access rights for this to your employees. Next you will create a zero day accrual policy and assign it to all respective employees. 

When a public holiday occurs, simply fill out the Accrual Balance template and import it to Personio. This will update each employee’s balance by 1 day and they can request it as they please. One last note is to ensure that you have an approval process also set up for this newly created absence type.

I found a great post in the Community which involves other customers who are implementing policies for Poland, it may be good to connect with them by writing under this post and asking for some country specific advice. 

If you have any other questions on this, please let me know.

Best regards, 

Conor

Your reply