Answered

Change expiry date on Documents

Hello,

We have a number of documents and certifications for each employee with Expiration dates. How can I change the expiration date on these documents? Example:

We have security checks on our team, and currently the expiration dates are set to 6 years after the original date of clearance was set. I would like to change the expiration to 3 years expiration rather than the current 6 years. 

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by ConorCunningham 6 April 2023, 09:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @JenniferMcP 

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

Could you show me an example of a document with this expiry date? Please block out any sensitive information on this. This will give me a better idea of the issue. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you 😃

Best,

Conor

Hi Conor 👋🏻 Lovely to e-meet you and thank you for the help

Here are a couple of screenshots to help:

1. I received the below email from Personio:

1. Under the employee’s onboarding checklist, the following is displayed:

I’m not sure how to change out the date listed under her onboarding; or to update it once we receive updated documentation? I wasn’t here when these 6 year dates were set so understanding how to change that expiry date on the back end would also be very helpful

Please help! Thank you! 🙌🏻

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey @JenniferMcP 

Lovely to e-meet you too 😀 Thank you for the information, this is really useful. 

So this is actually a reminder that has been set up within one of your employee roles. To be able to edit this, you will need to navigate to Settings > Employee roles > Reminders and look for a reminder that is set up for the attribute ‘DBS Expiry date’. You will need to go through each role you are a part of to see in which one it has been set up. Once you have found it, you can then edit the reminder like shown and input to remind this attribute after 3 years instead of 6. Also just to let you know there is no option for years in our reminders, so you will need to put in for example 52 weeks*3 = 156 weeks after.

Now just one thing to note, this reminder is working off an attribute called ‘DBS Expiry date’ within employee profiles and my guess is its a date attribute. Therefore, you will need to check within employee profiles for this date and whether you need to edit this also, so that the reminder works correctly. 

If you require any further assistance on this, please let me know.

Best,

Conor

Thank you Conor - that’s helpful!

Your reply