Answered

Custom placeholder for recurring compensation element

• 14 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I try to add a custom placeholder in a template for a recurring compensation element, but it’s not working.

I tried with {{Name Allowance}} and with {{Name Allowance (Recurring)}} (as it is the label used in custom reports), but it doesn’t recognize the element.

Any advise?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 17 August 2023, 16:15

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Update:

I also tried {{Salary / Name allowance}}, but this also doesn’t work.

Userlevel 5

Hi @Kevin G,

Thank you for your community question! The attributes names of placeholders are not always linked to the names of the Custom reports. 
In this article you will find a list of: Predefined placeholder

The system only takes:

-Predefined System Placeholders
-Custom Placeholders
-Free Placeholders

In order for the system to recognise a Custom Placeholder you will have to first create this attribute here:  Settings > People > Employee Information

After you have created this attribute, you can use the exact name in the Placeholder. 

For example: 

Once again thank you for your community question. In this article you will find more information regarding on how to create an attribute. 

Best,

Sofia

Badge +1

Hi Sofia,

Thank you for your reply. So you confirm that it is not possible to create custom placeholders for recurring compensation elements, only for attributes in the personal info.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Userlevel 5

Hi @Kevin G,

Thank you for your reply. We have indeed no Predefined System Placeholders for recurring compensation elements, in this case you can make a new attribute in Settings > People > Employee Information
After that you can add the amount into this attribute and then create the Custom placeholder with the exact name.
​​​

On the moment, we don’t have the Predefined System Placeholders for recurring compensation. You can search for a post in our ideation area and to vote for it, in case another user has shared this suggestion for improvement. In case you don’t find any idea that describes your need, you can always post a new idea:

→ How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us!

I wish you an amazing day.

Best,

Sofia

Your reply