Answered

Document placeholder bug for "List of options"

• 25 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I've found a bug with the document placeholders, where the field type "List of options" is not replaced, resulting in empty space.

It works perfectly with the field type "General..." or "Number", but it doesn't work if the field is a "List of options".

Could you please let me know if this is a bug and how it can be resolved?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 28 August 2023, 15:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @Magda,

If the placeholder is added to document without spelling mistakes it should be populated when you create a new document in the Employee profile. I’ve done a test on my test account and it worked out! Can you please double-check if the spelling is right? For more information about this topic, you can visit our Helpcenter article: Create Document Templates – Placeholders. I can’t see any other reason why the type of attribute List of options is not filled in the document when you add it as placeholder. 

In case the issue persists, I’d recommend you to contact our Support team via Find Answers. Through the inquiry, they will be able to log in into your account and check the settings together with you.

Be aware that only Account Owners can contact our Support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information in your account. You can find out how here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with! 😃

I wish you a lovely day! 🙌🏼

Best,

Zulema

Hi Zulema,

I have the same issue with a placeholder. A sentence in the document is like this: ...period of {{Length of probation}} month(s). Although in the Employee profile we recorded 1 month probation, there is nothing in the document when I create a new contract.

Kind regards,

Gerwin van der Grijn

Userlevel 5

Hi @Gerwin van der Grijn,

As “Length of probation” is a Custom attribute created in your account, they must be named in the same language as your Personio account. Make sure to use the exact name that you used for the attributes. This should be fine to work out, but sometimes we add some space or so that we can’t appreciate but it makes the data not populating in the document. 

As I’ve advised to Magda, if you are not able to see any issue with the placeholder, you can always contact our Support team via Find Answers, in case you are an Account Owner, if not, please reach out one of them in your organisation and we will be very happy to help! 

Have a lovely day ahead! 😃

Best,

Zulema

Your reply