Answered

Hire date change: where exactly it should be done?

• 24 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone,

I’m looking for some advice how to change the hire date. When we uploaded employee's data from old HR system to the Personio, some hire dates were mixed up. Now we have to update some info. Is it correct way to do the hire date change?
1. Go to employees profile
2. Go to HR information field in employee's profile
3. Click “edit” and change hire date
4. Save the changes

I want to be sure that it is the correct way and that it is not going to affect any other data somehow or I want to avoid that it will be reflected incorrectly in some reports etc.

Thanks a lot :)

icon

Best answer by Andrea 25 November 2022, 15:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Evelina Svaikauskaite,

Welcome to the Personio Community, we are thrilled to see you here 🎊 🥳. I am happy to support you with your inquiry.

The steps you listed are correct in order to adjust your employees’ hire date. Please be aware that changes in this attribute might have consequences on your employees’ absences and salary. 

1. Absences: The entitlement of your employees’ absences which have an accrual policy are considered from the hire date. This means that your employees might receive more, or less absence days depending on the proration settings of the accrual policy. 
  2. Salary: Your employees will receive their salary from the hire date, so if the date is changed they might receive more or less salary for a certain month, for example.

Please let me know if you have any further question about this matter!

Make sure you post your messages as the correct kind of post, so that they are answered correspondingly. This question was posted as an idea and landed in the wrong area of the community. I converted it into a question now 😊.

Have a lovely weekend 🌻.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Evelina Svaikauskaite,

I hope my answer above was helpful for you! If this was the case, please mark my post as Best Answer. If there is any other detail you need from me, please let me know. I will be happy to support sou further 😊.

I wish you a lovely day 🌸.

Best,

Andrea

Your reply