Answered

Mandatory fields in employee information

• 29 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We interface employee information from Personio to another system in our company. This system requires certain fields to be pre-filled in order to ensure the interface doesn't fail. Is there a way to make certain the attributes under settings → people → employee information mandatory?

icon

Best answer by Andrea 29 August 2022, 16:49

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Marjolijn,

Thank you for sharing this question with us!

During the onboarding process, you can add an Onboarding—Step for employees to fill in certain attributes (Settings > Workflows > On- and Offboarding > Onboarding—Step):

This Step would release a task that will not be closed, until the new employee fills in the Attributes, thus guaranteeing, that the Attributes are not empty. 

For existing employees, you can check in the Employee List who has filled in the needed Attributes and advise those employees who haven’t to please undertake this in their own profiles. This requires that employees have at least Proposal rights for the respective Section of the employee profile (Settings> People > Employee roles > Access rights).

A functionality to mark Attributes as mandatory is not yet available, but I hope these two solutions help you to solve this inquiry.

Please let me know if I can support you any further with this topic!

I wish you an amazing afternoon.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Andrea Thanks! I was indeed clear on the workarounds, but seeing that the employee needs to be interfaced the moment they become active in Personio, I'm not confident that will be a sustainable solution (ie too dependent on manual "alertness" and manual checks, which we'd like to cut out of our processes as much as possible.)

You say that functionality to mark Attributes is not yet available. Does that mean it is on the roadmap or an ideation I can vote for?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Marjolijn,

Thanks for your reply 😊. The functionality is not yet on the roadmap or on ideation, feel free to share it and to tell us how you would imagine it would help you out best!

Let me know if you have any further question about the workarounds.

I wish you a lovely day 🌸.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Marjolijn , I saw that you didn’t post an idea about this. I just did it: 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@CarolineBM , Thanks, I missed that.

Your reply