Question

Onboarding Permissions for Information Security Manager

• 10 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have a bit of a complicated one and can’t work out how to do it. New to Personio so bear with me. I am setting up Onboarding and adding the steps we need. One step is that the new supervisor needs to indicate what software and access the new starter needs. I have created an onboarding step with a checklist.

Our Information security manager then needs to approve this, but without seeing the rest of the onboarding.

How can I set it so that he can JUST SEE one step that has been completed by someone else?

I tried to set up an email step that sent out the information that had been filled out straight to him, but the only onboarding attributes I could select were free text boxes for some reason, and not checkboxes. So this route did not work either!

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @CVC,

If the Supervisor has this as task, then only he will be able to see this taks. We do have to option to give to someone viewing rights to someone else taks, but unfortunately we cannot filter to give only viewing rights for only one step. 

You can give viewing rights by going to Settings > Employee roles > relevant Employee role > Access rights > Onboarding:

Or Custom of you only wish to give Access rights of the Onboarding of one employee or a group of employees.

Here you will find more information regarding: Creating On- and Offboarding Workflows. 

​​​​

I’ve looked for similar ideas in our ideation area , but couldn’t find one yet.

In
case another user has shared this suggestion for improvement you can always vote for it.

You can always post a new idea here:

How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us!

I wish you an amazing day.

Best,

Sofia 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thank you Sofia - yes the issue with the current situation is that the Information Security Manager can then see things he should not be able to see in terms of the employee’s record if I cannot isolate one step. I will put this forward as an idea. 

Your reply