Answered

Placeholder not recognized

• 12 October 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi community ! Why doesn’t {{Hire date}} attribute placed in a document template created by me, returns nothing ? Each employee has this attribute , it’s type calendar...all other attributes that i’ve placed in the template takes info from that employee. Thx!

icon

Best answer by Andrea 19 October 2022, 10:40

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @icovacel,

Thank you very much for sharing this question with us 😊.

Please make sure you add an underscore to your hire date placeholder {{hire_date}}. This might be the reason the system is not recognizing this information. 

Please let me know if this helped! Otherwise, I will be happy to support you further.

Have a nice afternoon 🍂.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 1
Badge

unfortunately, it didn’t worked 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @icovacel,

Thank you very much for your answer. I am sorry to hear that the mentioned placeholder is not working.

• Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the paragraph or sentence on the document where you added the placeholder for {{hire_date}}?
  • Also, adding a screenshot of the attribute where the hire date is saved on the employee profile would be very helpful

Please don’t share any personal information of your employee on the screenshot. Names, Addresses, E-mail addresses, etc. should not be published in the community since it is an open platform. 

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 1
Badge

this attribute is preset

and down you have the print screen of the template used

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @icovacel,

Thank you very much for the screenshots and the very prompt answer!

The placeholder looks correct. Could you please make 100% sure there is a hire date saved in your employee’s profile? If this is the case, I would suggest you as a next step to contact my colleagues for the support team via Find Answers.  My colleagues will be able to log in into your account and check your account and document template together with you.

Be aware that only Contract and Account owners can contact our support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information. You can find out how here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

I wish you a lovely weekend

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 1
Badge

Andrea, i had all the info correct saved in the employees profile - now it works, for sure it was a bug, because now i have the same situation with another attribute. Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @icovacel,

I see, yes it is possible that it was a bug then! In case there is a topic for which we must log in to your account, it is always best to contact our support team. The team can access your account and check the settings to make a documentation for our engineers. Otherwise, we are as well always happy to help you!

Let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

Best,

Andrea

Hi @Andrea,

I have having the same issue. I uploaded a template with the placeholders following exactly how the fields appear in the Personio system (e.g. {{First_name}}) but when I create document the employee details do not populate except some like {{Social_Security_Number}}. 

Why is that? Please help.

Coin

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Colin_ME,

If the placeholders have been added correctly (no extra spaces, two {{}} symbols) and the attributes have been filled in in the employee profile where you are trying to create the document, then the placeholders should be recognized. You can verify if you are using Google Chrome as a browser when using Personio and erasing your cache to make sure you are using the latest version of our software.

If all of these measurements don’t solve this topic, please contact my colleagues from the support team via Find Answers.  My colleagues will be able to log in into your account and check your account together with you.

Be aware that only Contract and Account owners can contact our support team. In case you are not registered as such, please contact your colleagues in the role, or add this information in your account. You can find out how here.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can support you with.

I wish you a lovely weekend.

Best,

Andrea

Your reply