Answered

Re activate an ex employee

• 27 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Dear all,

can you help me to reactivate an old employee? or should we get a new profil after a long break(more than 1 year)?

Thank you

Best

Aurora 

icon

Best answer by Annlisa 28 February 2023, 10:24

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello @Aurora B 😊,

If the hire date will remain the original one, it is possible to edit their current profile and just edit the Status from Inactive to active and edit the relevant Attributes or section such as the work schedule and adding the new work contracts to their documents tab. However, this may affect historical reports and it would not accurately show the period where they left the company.

If the Hire date for the employee is changing we recommend creating a new employee profile, in this situation, this ensures that historical reports are accurate and not altered, and all data in the employee profile is valid. 

If you do create the new employee profile, then an import can be performed to transfer the data to the new profile. You can also download any necessary documents from the old profile and upload them to the new profile. You will need to slightly edit the email in the old profile if you wish to use this one again, as it is not possible to have two profiles with the same email as it is used as a unique identifier for the user. You can change it slightly to a fake email such as adding '123' in the email.

We also recommend creating a new employee information/attribute section to record information such as the original start date, original separation date and a link to the old profile. Other employees without access to the employee status attribute will only see the new profile, not the old one as it is inactive.

Please see these articles below for some more information:
👉 How Do I Manage Employees Being Re-Employed In Personio?
👉 How Do I Record a Change in Position for an Employee?

I hope this will help you with your query.😊

Best,

Anna Lisa

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Annlisa - I would strongly encourage we don’t create fake-email or fake-data as this is not good practice and technically against Audit and ISO certifications.

Therefore, there does need to be a process to ensure that an ‘inactive’ profile can be made ‘active’ and there can be an employee history / audit with the leave reason and joining reason given.

And a simple section that explains the gap - for example - worked for rival / took time away etc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @JHBEM,

Another user has shared this idea with the community:

Feel free to vote for it as always!

Have a lovely afternoon.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Thanks @Andrea - I have upvoted this previously - not sure if you can see who’s upvoted or not.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @JHBEM,

That’s great! 😊. Then you can add any further suggestions to that idea in the thread of the ideation post.

Thank you.

Best,

Andrea

Badge

Where do I vote?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

@Josefina - go to the Idea below.

Your reply