Skills/ skill levels in employee profile

• 16 September 2022
  • 3 replies

• Getting Started
  • 3 replies

We would like have people’s skills and skill levels in Personio. It would also be important that you can use search to find people with that specific skill. 

We work in IT and we have lot of developers with different set of knowledge of different programming languages - and of course the skill level of each language varies. What would make our lives much easier is that we could have this information in Personio, so whenever we need to know if someone in our company knows language X, we could search it and have a list of all people with this skill. Then we could check among these people what their skill level (from 1-5) is. 

I’ve tried to think a way to add this information to Personio but haven’t figured this one out yet. At the moment we have just added new attribute of “programming languages” to the employee profile and added the languages as tags. This is not the best solution, as it does not tell what the skill level is for that specific language - then we still need to find this person’s CV and find that out. 

Does someone have a way of doing this? 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @mira,

Thank you very much for sharing this question with us!

The workaround you are using regarding the Attributes you added, is the one I would have recommended as well. To track the level of the different languages, I would recommend adding other Attributes with tags as well. For example, adding an Attribute called JSON and the tags, Basic, Medium and Advanced. 

If you can imagine a better way for solving this matter through an improved feature, please feel free to share your insights in our ideation area

Please let me know if you have any further question about this topic.

I wish you a lovely afternoon 🌻.

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @mira and @Andrea

I just was about to ask the same thing, since we are also IT company and have the exactly same requirement as Mira described above.

Since this is a year old issue, just wanted to know if there is any upgrade ongoing or planned, or maybe @mira can share the resolution they used?

Thanks!

Bojana

Hi @Bojana

We have decided not to use Personio in this matter, as the search function is not working that well with this and we also find it a bit complicated to use the workaround with tags. So far we have just continued with our old method, but hopefully in the future there is an upgrade that would make this possible in Personio too. 

Your reply