Answered

Terminating employment with different last day of work

• 10 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, I have tried to find a solution to the situiation when it has been agreed with the employee that the employment ends in the end of June but the oblication to work ends already in May. 

Can I then use termination day as 30.6. and last day at work 30.5. → then they stay in payroll until June but could be inactive in Personio already on 30.5. (no oblication to work, no need to get in). 

I’ve learned last day of work only is applicable when the contract is fixed term, is that so? 

Best, Terhi 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 11 April 2024, 16:53

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hi @Terhi,

Setting the Last day of work when terminating an employee is just for informational purposes to inform you of their last working day. It does not mean that their profile will be changed to Inactive. The employee's attribute Status will be set from Active to Inactive the day after the Termination date at 00:00 UTC.

You can indeed set the Termination date as 30th June and the employee’s Last day of work as 30th May, in this way their profile will remain active until 30th June!

For a fixed-term employment contract there is a Contract ends preset attribute in the employee profile but similarly, this is for your internal information and does not initiate automatic employment termination on that date. You must set a Termination date, even for a fixed-term contract.

For more information about this topic, you can visit our Help Center article: Manage terminations of employment

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

I hope you have a great day! 😀

Best,

Steve

Your reply