Question

Advice and support on Entra integration

• 18 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I have seen the basic guides on setting up SSO and also Entra integration for onboarding/offboarding staff automatically. We have been using Personio for some time, but without SSO and without any Entra integration.

Is there any more information, more detailed guides that I could have on setting this up?

At the very basic level, being able to create a new Entra user account automatically when a new starter is entered into Personio is going to be useful. What is really going to help us though, is being able to map fields from Personio into Entra. 

In a perfect world, I would like to have role based access setup, so that somebody new joining the Finance team would automatically be added to the Entra security group for Finance and get all the permissions they need to start being successful on their first day. Similarly for our other Departments.

We also have a need to add new Female starters into the Women's email group etc etc

Is that sort of thing possible?

Any additional background reading would be really appreciated as I want to make this a very successful integration from the outset.

Any advice from those of you that have done this, would be gratefully received :) 

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Automated identity provisioning is one of the most common use-cases for Make and Personio.

Make has prebuilt connectors for over 1700 different SaaS solutions, including Personio and Microsoft Entra ID.

You can see some high-level background on the HR Solutions section of our website.

If you’d like to chat about potential solutions, please DM me or reply here!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

There’s also a great example of this referenced here ...

Userlevel 5

Hi @Blue407,

I hope that David’s recommendations were helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks @David Gurr for helping out here! 😀 

Wishing you a great day! 🙌

Best,

Steve

Hi Steve

I was hoping there was built in integration already within Personio for Entra and therefore any additional middleware would be optional?

What features are built into Personio for this integration and is there any documentation I can read thats more in-depth?

Both to cover SSO as well as user creation (and delimiting for leavers) in Entra from Personio and updates to user information in Entra after changes in Personio (address, job title, tel number etc).

Thanks

Paul

Your reply