Answered

Issues when creating an applicant in Personio with Zapier

• 19 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi there,

For a client I have Webflow website with an application form and a Personio account.

I want to use Zapier to link the two together. I am using the Create Applicant action. (from the list: https://zapier.com/apps/rss/integrations/personio)

I have three questions which I cannot find in the resources:

Question 1: GDPR & custom fields

About documents. It says “Link must be a downloadable and publicly accessible.”

I quess it is not GDPR compliant to have CV files publicly accessible online, is it?

Is there a workaround? It’s fine for us to send non-publicly accessible links in a custom field for example. Is this possible?

Question 2: More than one file

Is it even possible to send more than one file? It looks like I cannot add another file in the Zapier panel. Besides a CV, applicants should also be able to send a motivational letter. How do I add this?

Question 3: Error Applicant Already Exists

When testing I get this error (see image).

When searching I found this:

errors.applicant-already-exists We could not verify that this email has not yet applied to this position.

(https://developer.personio.de/reference/post_v1-recruiting-applications)

Does this mean that when I have created an applicant for a certain vacancy I cannot do it with the same emailaddress?

Cheers,

Albert

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 7 November 2023, 19:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hey @albert 

I can’t talk specifically to Zapier, but it’s most definitely possible to solve your first two issues with Make.

Make exposes more of the Personio API endpoints. So with Make you first use the Upload Application Document module to upload any files. You then attach as many uploaded files as necessary.

Those files can be from previous steps (ie the Webflow form event) or attached directly from your Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive or Dropbox storage. No public file access required.

Thanks! Make.com is awesome.

I know the files are an array in the API, so it is possible to add more files on the Personio site. However I’m sort of stuck with Zapier and in the Create Applicant action in Zapier it looks like it’s only possible to add one file. 

Can anyone comfirm this from Personio?

Userlevel 5

Hi @albert,
​​​​​​

The link would definitely need to be a publicly-accessible one, otherwise the Zap wouldn’t be able to access it. You can find out more about working with files in Zaps here: Send files in Zaps

Currently, it is only possible to send one attachment.

It looks like the test already created an account with email. Please try to create an applicant with a unique email.

I hope this helps! Here you will find more information regarding: Zapier. 

Best,

Sofia 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@albert if you need extra arguments on why your company/client should look at Make, feel free to DM me!

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @David Gurr :) Thanks so much for your kind support here! Much appreciated! You can also share your best practices and learnings in the Think Tank area, helping this way others that might have similar issues. 

Have a lovely day!

Your reply