Upload a pdf to a document category using Power Automate HTTP Post request

• 13 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Dear Community, 

for our onboarding process I would like to provide a newcomer with a certain PDF.

Powerautomate generates the PDF, puts it on a Sharepoint Document Library, then uploads the PDF to a user’s document tab into a specific category. 

The parameters provided are the employeeid, categoryid, title and the data of the PDF. 

The result is a blank page. Using WinMerge I was able to compare the original file and the file downloaded from Personio. There seems to be an issue with the encoding as some characters get manipulated. 

In the screenshot provided are the Header and Body. I tried adding the base64 option as still visible in the data part. That makes no difference. Encoding the file in base64 leads to Personio storing the uploaded content in a text file with the base64 string encoded. I was sure having read how that is a requirement but cannot find a reference now. 

Is this really an impossiblity? I can’t believe Personio makes this unnecessary hard. 

Request Header
Request Body

Looking forward to some community feedback! 

Best wishes everyone

D

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello there @danyitatdrs ,

from our side, with the given informations, we do not know what exactly causes the “blank page” result.

To investigate further, I ask you (or rather: an account owner) to open a support request within Personio via the Find Answers Section.

With that, we can have a deeper look into your case!

Thank you very much and have a lovely day.

Best regards

Andreas

Hey Andreas, 

thanks for your reply. 

I already started the process through our account owner and we created a support request. 

After more than 4 weeks they didn't seem to know whats going on. Suggested solutions didn't work, were quite silly and superficial to be honest.

I provided a complete http request bodies which a dev person should be able to read. Instead the content being addressed, I was pointed out to the 30MB upload limitation even though it was easy to see that the file was only 2mb of size. That feels like blindly looking for a way to blame the customer. 

I don't feel this issue being taken seriously or receiving professional technical support, which we requested.

It looked like I manage to solve it, but the next day it turned out it still doesn't work. 

This is my last resort, hoping the community might help. 

Pointing out to create another support request which I am not even permitted to do nails the Personio Support coffin into the ground. 

Any chance you might be willing to provide support here or escalte this to whoever is being paid to care. 

Regards

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello @danyitatdrs ,

I am very sorry you feel like not receiving the support you were expecting.

I contacted my colleague from the professional service team to re-open your inquiry and getting back to you in the conversation there.

Thank you very much for your post and have a great day.

Best regards

Andreas

Your reply