Answered

Changing order of people in org chart

• 21 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Does anyone know how to change the order that direct reports appear in the org chart? They seem to be arranged by default in alphabetical order based on the surname which makes sense but isn’t what I’d like to see. 

I have a colleague with 4 direct reports working on 2 projects. He would like them grouped by project. 

The article about org charts mentions dragging and dropping employees but I think this is more to navigate around the org chart, it doesn’t seem to let me move them within the org chart. 

Is there a way to do this? 

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 21 June 2023, 17:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5

Hey @AliceM 

It’s nice to speak with you again 😀

Unfortunately there is no way to re-arrange the order in which employees show on the Org-Chart. It is currently arranged based on the alphabetical order of the employee’s surname. As you mentioned the drag and drop is purely for navigating purposes and does not allow to drag and drop employees from one area to another I am afraid. The current options to filter employees by in the Org-Chart are the attributes subcompany (if activated), department, office, and team.

For this I would kindly ask that you submit this feedback via our Ideation Area to give visibility of this issue to the Product Team. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Have a great evening ☘️

Best,

Conor

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hey Conor, thanks for coming back so fast! 

I thought that might be the case but I wanted to be sure that I wasn’t overlooking something. 

Lovely to hear from you too, hope all is well in your part of Dublin!

Thanks

Alice

Your reply