Answered

Can employees add an external training record that they haven't yet started?

• 29 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I’m looking at the Training records.

In the Add Course Record section, it seems possible to add the info only after the course has been completed, because the Completion Date can only be in the past. Is it possible to add an external course before it has been completed? I’d like to introduce this as a step after the course budget has been approved but before it is started (I think it is less likely that people will remember to go back and complete the record later on). 

Also, can anyone explain the Completion Date and Expiration dates? Completion date is mandatory and is in the past only. Expiration date isn’t mandatory and can be in the past or future. 

If the Completion Date field allowed a future date to be selected, my colleagues could put in their trainings before they start, at the point of approval, not afterwards which would be really helpful.  

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 7 March 2024, 18:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5

Hi @AliceM,

I’ll jump to help you with some insight here! 😃

Unfortunately, in the Add Course Record section, it is not currently possible to add a course with a Completion date in the future, this only allows you to add the date in from today to the past. I totally understand your concern here. I do really think that having this functionality added to Personio would greatly improve our software usability! I would like to encourage you to post this suggestion of improvement in our Ideation area.

In regards to your second question, it is just as you mentioned. The Completion date is mandatory because companies need to have a record of the date the course was completed and the Expiration date is non mandatory because not all trainings are meant to be expired and done by the employees again. Let’s say that your company needs some external training for security reasons, and it needs to be passed once a year. You will have there the information related to the expiration of the course to be able to plan or have into consideration you have to do the course again.

For more information about this topic, you can visit our Help Center article: 

If you have a suggestion of improvement you would like to share with us, you can share it with us in our Ideation area:

→ How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us! 😊

I wish you an amazing day! 🙌🏼

Best,

Zulema

Your reply