Answered

Performance Management for Indirect Managers

• 22 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

The current situation:

The visibility of published Performance feedback forms is limited to only the related employee, their direct line manager and account administrators, as these are seen as confidential information saved for the discussion between an employee and their direct manager. 

I would suggest to make this visible for indirect managers as well. In our company, managers who manage managers/supervisors support them in doing performance management withinin their team. It would be great if they would have access to their indirect reports as well. 

For example:                    Our Customer Service Manager has a team of 3 Teamleader (direct reports). Our teamleaders have teams  of +/- 8 Customer Service Agents (indirect reports). It would be great if our Customer Service Manager could access the performance review of the Customer Service Agents as well.

icon

Best answer by Lauraglendon 23 February 2022, 18:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @emmy.wolterink 👋

If I understand well, I believe you can solve this with role access for the Direct and Indirect Managers.

1. If the Teamleaders are in the "Supervisor" field in Personio in the profiles of the Customer Service Agents and

2. If the Customer service Manager is in the "Supervisor" field in Personio in the profiles of the Teamleaders, then

3. In the settings, in the "Roles" section, you can create a role called Supervisor and assign them Edit rights for "My reports" in the Performance section (you could do this for any other section as well, according to your needs).

4. You then assign this role to each person with the position Teamleader and Customer service Manager. This should ensure they all have access to their direct and indirect reports.

I hope this helps!

Have a great day 😊 

Sanja

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hey Sanja, thank you for your reply.

I already tried this and normally it works this way. However, Personio Support informed me that this is not the case for Performance Management as it is confidentional.  Would be great if this also would be possible for Performance Mgt.

All the best, Emmy

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @emmy.wolterink and @Sanja ,

Thank you for this very insightful thread and for your collaboration on our community! :)

I’d like to shed some further insights on this one for you that might be helpful. For the My Reports access to the Performance tab, regardless if you are the direct supervisor of an employee, or indirect (eg. the supervisor’s supervisor), you can access the Performance Feedback, as long as that feedback was created and published directly within the related employee’s Performance tab.

Feedback that has been sent via the new Performance & Development is currently on visible for the related employee and the employee (in this case the direct supervisor) who the feedback corresponds to. 

If you have any other questions on it, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Kind regards,

Lauraa

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Thanks @Lauraglendon 😊

This does help, It did not occur to me @emmy.wolterink could also be talking about the new Performance and development section but It's good to know how it's set up.

Sanja

Your reply