Skip to main content

Hi all, 

Happy Friday!

I would like to pick the brains of some fellow HR managers regarding the 1-1 conversations. We have created a template in Performance & Development on the Feedback page. Employees and Managers can use these forms when they are conducting their 1-1 meeting. However we notice that it is not used that much. Do you maybe have a better idea/way to record the 1-1 meetings or do you have some ideas on how we can improve the usage of the template? 

Thanks in advance for helping me and enjoy your weekend! 🥂

Cheers, Willemijn

Where do we find this template?

Hi @Lievaz , 

It is a template which we created ourselves :) 

Cheers, Willemijn

We use a set of guiding questions (see below) to facilitate the feedback process. Additionally, we hold quarterly in-person feedback sessions with all managers to actively engage them and demonstrate the benefits of conducting these types of conversations. This approach has helped to increase the value placed on 1-1 meetings and ensures managers see the importance of utilizing feedback tools.

Section 1

Achievements

1. Please describe your achievements of the past quarter, using KPi's, behaviors or general achievements.
  2. KEEP DOING - Looking back over the past quarter, in what 2 areas have you excelled, and in addition, how did you contribute to the team's success?
  3. START DOING - Looking back over the past quarter, what 2 goals/KPI's/behaviors would have been beneficial for you? Stating your windows of opportunity.
  4. STOP DOING - Looking back over the past quarter, what 2 areas are your biggest points of improvement?

Section 2
Aspirations

Question 1: Please describe your aspirations for the next quarter, using (new) KPI's, behaviors or general achievements.

Question 2: Looking back over the past quarter, what were areas and situations which were challenging for you and why? Consequently, which skills would you like to improve?

Question 3: How can your direct manager/TMC support you?

Question 4: Describe 2 suggestions you would give me as your manager: one for my attitude and one for my performance.

Section 3
Extra / Other

This section invites you to share any additional topics or concerns you wish to discuss during this feedback-moment. Your response can encompass both professional and personal aspects.

Any other topics or concerns you'd like to discuss ?

Your reply