Answered

External Recruiters

• 17 August 2022
  • 9 replies

Hi, 

I want to give our external Recruiters (Headhunter) access to Personio so the can upload profiles etc.and so this can also be reflected on our reporting's. 

I understand there are two options for this:

• Option A: Create a separate recruiting channel for each external recruiter.
  • Option B: Create a separate employee profile in Personio for each external recruiter

However, for Option A: we would not be able to communicate within Personio with the external recruiter and give them feedback on the profile. Because the can only upload the profile. 

And for Option B: The external recruiter would have to be assigned to the position and even with very restricted access/viewing rights, they will still be able to see how many applications coming in and also the names of the candidates, which is not ideal from a Data security perspective. 

Is there any way, we can work around this? 

The ideal solution would be to create a separate employee profile but only with viewing rights on the profiles they have uploaded.

Thank you for your support - much appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Andrea 18 August 2022, 17:18

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Altman Solon,

Welcome to the Personio Community 🥳. I am super happy to see your first post here!

In order to give your external recruiters access to their recruiting profiles, I would recommend combining both mentioned options. 

1. You can create a channel for each recruiting manager in order to have a clear view about who uploaded which profile.
  2. Create as well a Recruiting Role with the necessary Access rights (Settings > Recruiting > Roles. See more details in this help center article).
  3. You can give Access only to the profiles that the recruiters uploaded, by clicking in the Candidate profile in Access:

This way you make sure that the external recruiters only have access to the profiles you add them to and not to applications in general. 

Does this configuration help you solve the inquiry?

Looking forward to reading your answer!

Best,

Andrea

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Dear @Altman Solon,

I hope my answer above was helpful for you! If this was the case, please mark my post as Best Answer. If there is any other detail you need from me, please let me know. I will be happy to support sou further 😊.

I wish you a lovely day 🌸.

Best,

Andrea

Thank you Andrea! 

I just dont know how the recruiters can upload profiles via Personio without being added to a position. 

Because if they are added to the position, i would again, have the issue with having access to all applications. 

Can you please assist? 

many thanks, 

Sophia 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Altman Solon 👋🏼,

Thanks for your response!

External recruiters can upload profiles to Personio via the application form in your career page, as if they were a candidate. You would then need to give them access to the profiles they uploaded which is some manual work, but this way, you wouldn’t need to grant them access to all applications. Would this solution be helpful for you?

If you can think of a feature improvement or new feature to better mange your cooperation with external recruiters with our tool, please post this suggestion of improvement in our ideation area. This way, other users will be able to vote for it, and the suggestion will be shared with our product team. 

In order for us to fully understand your idea, I share with you a couple of questions that your description should clarify when posting in the ideation area: 

• What would you like to achieve with Personio?  What issue do you need to solve?

• Why? What would be the added value for you? 

• How are you solving it right now? 

The more details, the better! However, remember not to share any personal or business data with the public. If we ever need more data from you, we will contact you by mail or by direct message in the community platform. 

Thank you in advance for sharing your ideas with us 🙌🏽. Please don’t hesitate to ask me any further question you might have about this topic. 

Best,

Andrea

@Andrea 

Hi Andrea,

We don’t want to create profiles for external recruiters, just to be extra safe. That means, we wanted to go with the option of having external recruiters submit profiles like a normal applicant would do, via the career page, and as mentioned by you above. However, they can’t upload several profiles with the same e-mail address. In the application form, they would need to put in their agency address as all communication should be done via the recruiting agency and not directly with the applicant. So when they want to upload another profile for the same position, they cannot submit the application, because their e-mail address has been used for the same position already.

Is there any way around it?

Thank you very much in advance for helping out.

Kind regards

Isabell

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @IsabellHirsch,

Welcome to the Community!

I understand, in that case you can undertake one of the following:

• Ask recruiters to add candidates with a fake email address. This way, the system will let them upload as many candidates as they need to.
  • Use the solution mentioned in this help center article, instead of using the application form of your career page.

In both cases, you don’t need to create profiles for external recruiters.

Would these solutions help you?

Have a great weekend!

Best,

Andrea

Hi @Andrea,

Thank you very much for getting back to me. Sadly, I think, the solutions provided don’t really help us or maybe I am missing something.

Option A: If they create the profiles with fake email addresses, it is on one side a somewhat unprofessional process and then we have the problem that we can’t have all the communication about this profile (the messages) via Personio as the email address does not exist. We could then add a CC with the correct email address of the recruiter, but again, it seems a bit unprofessional to tell servicer providers to enter fake email addresses...And we will constantly get the error that the message could not be sent to the main recipient (the fake email address) as it does not exist.

Option B: Entering the candidate email is also not an option for us. Some recruiters delete all the personal information of the candidate off of the CV (as they should), and then we still can’t do the communication about this profile via Personio as the “wrong” email is saved for this application profile. If they send an email to the Personio email address to show up as “unassigned messages”, we still can’t enter the recruiter email address within the candidate profile as the system does not allow to have the same email address for different candidates. If we leave the email field blank, we can’t send messages to the recruiter via the system as there has to be an email saved for the profile to even have the button “new message”.

So what we ideally want is to have all the candidates in the system, including those coming from the recruiters, and have all the corresponding communication about recruiter profiles via Personio. Is this even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Isabell

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Good morning @IsabellHirsch,

I understand why these options are not suitable for you. Unfortunately, these are the only available solutions at the moment. 

Another user has created an ideation post about this topic:

Feel free to add what an ideal solution would look like for you in th comments, and to upvote the idea.

Let me know if I can support you any further.

Best,

Andrea

Hi, it’s good there is an ideation area where we can discuss but Personio needs to be more responsive to our ideas and implement solutions accordingly, This topic is extremely important and many of us work with external agencies and we need a solution to this without resorting to fake emails, providing access to our systems and workarounds.

When I was assessing HRIS systems I was specifically told that Personio has a huge number of developers and will be very agile in responding and creating solutions based on our needs, however to dat I haven't seen this agility In action.

Your reply