Answered

Downloading Employees sheet every month automatically

• 20 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all,

I need to set up an automation with the following:

1. Generate and Download the Employees .csv every month automatically (let´s say every first of the month)
  2. Actualize Active Directory with that .csv with a PowerShell script, monthly as well.

The second point I already did it, but obviously the most necessary one is the first one. Where can I find how to do that?

Thanks
Mauro

icon

Best answer by International Support Team 29 February 2024, 16:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi @magarpol,

Unfortunately we cannot automate this in order for the system to do this automatically, but you can set up an automated Task Reminder so a certain employee does this every month.

You can setup a Reminder as a taks in Automations > Create Workflow > Start from scratch > Scheduled > (Start date: the first of the month) and for (Frequency: Monthly on day 1):

​​​​​​

Add step > Assign a task > Select a Type: person or role > Message > Here you can assignees know what they need to do:

Here you will find more information regarding: The Automations area.

I’ve looked for similar ideas in our ideation area , but couldn’t find one yet.

In
case another user has shared this suggestion for improvement you can always vote for it.

You can always post a new idea here:

How to: Submit an idea or suggest a new feature

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us!

I wish you an amazing day.

Best,

Sofia 

Ok thanks for the reply.

I thought that there was any way to to this via the API, with some “get” command, can you please double check?

Regards

Mauro

Userlevel 5

Hi @magarpol,

I check this internally with our tech experts and this is an example they shared with me:

You can do this by using the employees API endpoint and the JSON data you receive from that API call to create a csv file.

This could e.g. look like this: https://blog.enterprisedna.co/python-convert-json-to-csv/

You could run the script periodically on a point of time of your choice e.g. using a cronjob

Here you will find the link to our Developer Hub.

Best,

Sofia 

Your reply